Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hello. Click!!

So, much to my dismay, I had to patron the trusty ol' Wal-Mart with my kids in a mood. My oldest was great, but Alex chose to sock his 7 month old brother in the mouth. I needed essentials, I could not postpone my excursion. I used one of those double seater carts and put the baby's cute little cart protector over his seat and plopped him in his seat. All was well. Ya right. Alex is now going by the name Senor Moody Pants. I couldn't believe he punched just to see what the reaction would be. So, the baby starts screaming. I had to take him out of his seat because he kept throwing his head back and hitting it on the metal of the cart. Eventually, I feel as if my left arm is going to fall off. And, so, I send up a little prayer to my awesome Lord and it went like this, "God just send me someone I know and let them offer to help me." I round the corner and am standing at the beginning of the tuna aisle when a voice bellows from the opposite end, "Adelia!" It's one of my mothering friends, and she is waving like she isn't ashamed to be my friend. I respond and add, "I think I'm going to die!" So, sweet woman that she is, asks if I need help. The answer is, of course, yes, but what does my self-reliant mouth say? That's right my response was, "No, that's okay, I only have 2 more items to pick up then we're done." Why didn't I ask her to hold the baby while I checked out? God answered my prayer immediately and I hung up on him. We've all done it, but did mine have to be so in your face!? Here I am swimming, uh, I mean drowning in my self-reliant sea. It's time to take off the Miss-Fix-It belt and accept help in the appropriate moments!! I would just like to say thank you to my friend for listening when the Lord spoke to her. Let me also just put a challenge out to all of us do-it-yourselfers...let's work on accepting help every now and then. I'm sure our world won't truly fall apart, surely not.

To add insult to injury, power yoga was that evening. I was looking forward to stretching out my left arm after carrying my little butterball baby earlier in the day. For some reason it was cancelled. So, my friend who also goes to yoga suggested we go walk. Great idea. Well, we weren't wearing walking shoes, so after slipping around in my shoes I choose to take off mine and walk barefoot. The ball of my left foot started feeling really tender even though I was walking in the grass. To make a long walk story short, the next morning I had the largest blister of my life. Oh, ya, and to prevent it all, maybe I should have just let my friend help me and life that day wouldn't have been so traumatic. Sigh.

No comments: