Friday, September 21, 2007

Alex's Tuba

My little Alex comes into the living room yesterday morning looking for his "tuba." The child does have an interest in music and all instruments and does like the tuba, but I'm thinking, what tuba. Brett gives me a why am I not surprised look; Alex is our Odd Duck. So, my Odd Duck sticks out his thick little paw for me to take hold of, and we take of searching for Alex's tuba. He announces his way into each room saying, "Tuba where are you? Are you in here, no not in here." Oh, the conversations of Alex with himself. Anyway, something happened to halt the search, and to be honest, time past and I forgot about it. Later in the day Alex exclaims, "I found it, Momma, I found my tuba!" He holds up his toy screwdriver. I'm assuming he's saying toolbox and has decided his screwdriver is a toolbox, er, tuba rather. He and his tuba make lots of noise, actually now that I think about it, I believe the meaning of the name Alex should be synonymous with the word noise. He uses his tuba mostly to bang his way up and down my hall. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know that the tuba is safe and found.

No comments: