Monday, October 22, 2007

Pray For Everything!

Prayer has really been on my heart recently. I don't mean a particular prayer that I've uttered,rather, the need for prayer in all things and by all people who call themselves a Christian. In my mothering group's Bible study, we are reading Becoming the Woman of His Dreams. Last week, I went back and reread the chapters we would be discussing. In doing that, I picked up a burden, an ache for our country. First, I should say that I am very patriotic and am so thankful to live in the United States. Next, I should add that I am a conservative woman who believes that this land was founded with ideals, values and morals that mirror the Lord's own views. Okay, after rereading the chapters on praying for our husbands and the importance of it, I also read a scripture that made me ask Just how many Christians truly pray for our country and its leaders? The Lord has armed us with His Word and prayer.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretensions that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Sometimes, we Christians are like the old hound dog sitting on the porch. He keeps howling, and someone asks why he keeps on like that. It's because he's sitting on a nail, but it doesn't hurt enough to get up and move to another spot. Sometimes we are so comfortable, yet we complain about so many things. Why don't we get up and go to the Lord. Seek Him in all things, even before something bad happens.

Our country will be electing its new President next year. And some are thinking, Oh that's next year. Pray and speaking God's word should start now. Pray for God to raise up our Leader. Pray for the winds of change to sweep across our nation and see the hand of God move like never before. We underestimate our Lord so often. We'd rather gripe about our country or even the every day little things than hand it over to God. My friends, please, let's unite and pray for everything and in all things. He trusts us with so much and we trust Him with so little. Let's hand over more to trust Him with. What a blessing would come from just that!

1 comment:

WendyJanelle said...

Adelia, reading this... it just brought me back to my knees. Seriously, this was the second time today that I almost felt pulled to the ground to pray on my knees. Right now I think God is stirring the hearts of his believers, to unite and band together in prayer b/c we are coming to a trial. I love our country, too. We all need to pray for it and our leadership!