Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Proud Momma of Politically Incorrect Children

I love my kids, not only love them, but I am so proud of the little people they are and the big people they will be.

Christmas has come and gone, and T really enjoyed it. Even with being couped up with illnesses, he had a blast. Tristan went with me to WM, McD's and the pharmacy (several pharmacy drive thru runs) and at each place he would ask me to get the cashier's attention so that he could say something. The cashier would look at him with a tad of annoyance in his or her face and then T would say, "Merry Christmas!" with his face rosy, hand waving and a big smile. Immediately the cashier's face would change and they would reciprocate the wish. In one instance the pharmacy cashier went and got the boys some cookies and candy and sent it thru the drive thru. She said "Merry Christmas" five times back to us and where her face had been gloomy before, it changed into a shining smile!

Amazing, 5 year olds do not know how to be politically correct, and I am so glad for that. I know that Tristan brought joy to each of their days. We could take a lesson from the candid, genuine love and knowledge children have and are not afraid to share with everyone.

1 comment:

WendyJanelle said...

T is precious. I love his charm. He brightens everyone's path. :-) You'll have to come over again soon. I felt so bad for him last time, lying down while trying to play...