Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Voting Day!

So, today is Super Tuesday, and I'm in prayer about it. I find this election somewhat disheartening. I think it's the first election that I've been fully committed to, so maybe this is the usual feeling you get. Or maybe it's because I have three children now, don't know. But I do know that I am voting informed. As most of you know I am a conservative. I'm okay with my choices, of course, I prefer one over another, but what upsets me is how people vote a certain way just because that's the way their family has always voted. For example, my family has always been Democrat just because "they are for the workin' man." I've tried to explain to my Papa that voting like that now means more abortions, socialized medicine and healthcare. Higher taxes!!! We don't want higher taxes even if you want universal healthcare. Look at India, the government takes out sooooo many taxes that they make like a dollar a day. Look at the taxes that come out of your or your husband's pay check already. I'll stop there for now. Anyway, educate yourself and go vote.

No comments: