Tuesday, March 25, 2008

By the Book

About two months ago, I started putting together my Home Management Binder thanks to Suzanne. I had a fun time putting it together in scrap booking style, and my home runs more smoothly as well. So, now we live life by the book. Here's a peek into my binder, er I call it my Home Keeping Binder. Keep makes me feel warm and fuzzy, management makes me feel very authoritative. It's my binder, so that's what I call it. Not rebelling against the system, just having fun.

This is the cover with Proverbs 31 on it. As well as a saying at the bottom that reads, "Everything looks impossible for the people who never try anything." This should tell you that this binder is one of those nearly impossible things for me. I'm trying to be more structured, AND stick to it!!! The Lord is with me...I can do this.

I have a zippy in the front. Yes, zippy is the proper name. I have tucked into it, sticky notes, 2 pens and 2 pencils, an extra hair tie (I can't stand to have my hair in my face when I work or have to think extra hard), scissors, calculator, highlighter, stamps, and a few other this and thats for myself. No, not chocolate, but that's not a bad idea. I also don't have to search for writing utensils any longer. Always 2 of each in the zippy!!



This is where I keep working schedules of daily life. I have a little sticky that says, "Seize the Day" on this page. Oh, and all my pages have appropriate scripture, prayer or confession for each of them.


This is my meal planning section. It keeps account of my meals (duh) as well as grocery lists and coupons or sales for that week.
Here's our homeschooling section. I have lots of loose fun papers that now have a home.
After this should be my cleaning section, but I somehow missed that in the pictures. It's my second favorite page. Oh, well, come see me and I'll show you.

Here's my devotions section. I also tuck away any rambling snippets I've jotted down from unexpected inspiration. You know, you here something grab a paper and jot it down. Then it ends up in an organized pile. No longer, my friend. I also keep special prayers and confessions here. I've written the words to one of my favorite worship songs in some of the boxes. The words go like this, The more I seek you, the more I find you, The more I find you the more I love you. I want to sit at your feet, drink from the cup in your hand, lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat. This love is so deep. It's more than I can stand. I melt in your peace...It's overwhelming! These words always get me into that worshipful mood...good tone setting.
Next is our budget. I used a pretty green background page. Green=good=money! Heh, heh!

This is my names and numbers section. A work in progress to get all contacts into ONE place!!!
Here's my notes and emails section. I do correspondence for our church, and I have to remember to do them. So, now I just print off my list and in it goes to the appropriate section.

And my favorite page, Mothering Matters. Finally, I'm getting organized...at the end of the year...BUT I'll be ready for next year!!


I already see some adjustments I need to make with the binder. It will always be changing as life changes, but that's okay. At least it's structured somewhat. I'm adding two new sections this week. A gardening section to keep track of the flowers and vegetables for this year and a special projects section. I have so many things to do, or I want to do. Having one place for those thoughts are sooooo helpful. I'm just so excited to have this thing...so small, yet, it makes my life better...

And since I have more time because of all this structure I got to decoupage for the first time. A charger (I used one of my favorite note cards to help decorate it) drums for the boys, and a boredom box. I also completed one of my over sized scrapbook pages for the dining area. This one is of just the boys in a very large frame. I have two more to complete. One of our family and one of mine and Brett's wedding. I have a very long kitchen/dining area and wanted something fun and family oriented on the walls.







Voila, and there you have it!

6 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Beautiful! I have one also that I scrapbooked. I guess I should take pics and post them, but I keep adding to it so it's never really "done" ya know? LOL Good for you, girlie! :0)

Adelia said...

Thanks, Jerri. Ya, I've figured out that it's a forever work in progress; life changes so much. At least have somewhere to put the new additions, right?!

WendyJanelle said...

You are awesome!! Aweosme!! Okay, next week, can you please bring this? I neeeeed heeeelllpp!! My house is fairly clean,and I only have, say, 20 projects going right now (I'm covered in white paint as we speak), but I cannot get that home management....er, keeper, binder fixed!! What is wrong with me?!
And your decoupaged stuff!! It's catchy isn't it? ;-) Wonderful!! Great idea to decoupage the boredom box!! Can I copy that??
Wendy
PS Thank, thank, thank you for being such a blessing to me. Tuesday was fabulous. (Was it Tuesday? I'm losing my mind... must sleeeeppp...)

Adelia said...

Wendy, well don't you make me feel special?! Ya, I'll bring it next week. And, ya, you can copy the BB...I copy from you alllllll the time. Should have asked first, huh?! We made an I Spy Jar for the Boys' cousins we visited yesterday. A big hit! Thanks to you and yours!!!

Annikke said...

I've been wanting to do one of these and I just can't decide what sections I need. Yours is very helpful, I might use yours as a guide for my own! Thanks!

Adelia said...

Yea, I might have helped someone! Thanks for stopping by Annikke! Good luck with making your own. Once you get started, it just kind of takes over. Have fun!