Monday, March 17, 2008

Hosannah in the Highest

As Palm Sunday has come and gone, I have a stirring in my spirit. Was it really so long ago that Jesus rode into town with people throwing palm branches in his path? The people shouting, "Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord! Hosanna in the highest!" He was boldly declared a KING. And just days later, these same people wouldn't stand up and declare him King again. Political pressure, fear for the consequences on themselves caused them to cower instead of boldly declaring him King and standing for him.

And here we are today, not all that different. Are there days when we cower and eat of the world instead of delighting in the Bread of Life? I do; I know I do. Usually leads to a period of ick in my life. Today I am challenging myself...what am I placing in His path? Am I being a blessing to Him or bringing honor to Him? There are seraphims circling the Lord right now declaring "Holy, Holy, Holy..." They are discovering a new facet of the Lord every moment and declaring Him Holy. I am declaring Him Holy and am challenging myself to dig deeper so as to discover a new facet to my God.

What a great week to shed off some of the fleshly desires and bow down before him. Him who came so that we could have true life. Ah, sometimes the gravity of it all gets so lost, doesn't it? Oh, Jesus, I love you, I exalt you.

Just think of it like this, thanks will get you into the gates, praise will get you into the courts. Oh, yes, praise can liberate you! But true bowing down worship will get you into the secret place, the holy of holies. Tell Him what He means to you this week. He is worthy, He is mighty, King of kings, and Lord of lords, Exalt Him! Seek after Him with a renewed passion this week! Put your trust in Him even more this week! Let us honor Him!

4 comments:

WendyJanelle said...

Thank you for your encouragement and inspiration!!

What can I lay at His feet? How can I praise Him?

I can't sing, but I can offer Him all of ME-- my worship, prayer, my family, my trust and patience, and any kind of craftiness that I can muster. It all needs to have His stamp, and be for His glory!

Amen, sister!

Adelia said...

Sing?!? I can't sing either. One of my desires...and even though I can't sing, I do. I figure He made my voice, he must like it. Heh, heh!

Amy J said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I enjoyed your Palm Sunday post as well!! I love that we serve a living, here-and-now King; that our relationship is ever growing and changing in Him.

Blessings to ya! And if you don't mind, I'm linking you on my blog.

:) Amy

Adelia said...

Oh, yea, I got linked. I just loved your site and its title. And your such a crafty lady. I'll be linking you as well. How fun! Blessings to you Amy!