Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The Answer

Turns out I'm anemic, which would explain the exhaustion and labored breathing. It'll just take a little while to get up to speed again. At least it's something fixable! I wonder how long I've had low iron and red blood cell counts? I've been tired for a couple months and utterly exhausted for a couple of weeks, hmmm...Oh ya, forgot to tell you that we went to Brett's mom and dad's a couple of weekends ago. We were there for two days and I slept through most of it. So embarrassing, and now I know I wasn't being rude...just low oxygen levels in my blood stream. Still embarrassing...wish I would have picked up on the tell-tell signs earlier. I have a sneaky suspicion that the house will throw up on itself again. I don't have the energy to clean, I'll wait for the catch up on iron, rbc and oxygen....anyway, now we know and knowing is half the battle. (GI Joe)

6 comments:

WendyJanelle said...

Now why didn't I think of that? I was anemic when I was pregnant with Isabelle. It's an awful feeling, to just drag around.
Did the doc put you on some iron pills? Do you take a daily vitamin? I'm gonna have to have you over soon to grill burgers and eat beans. Lots of iron!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Beans and greens girl! Beans and greens! I spent a lot of my life being anemic...childhood and then my childbearing years...ugh, ugh, ugh. Once you get a good diet going and stay consistent with it (I'm still working on that part, LOL) you'll keep those blood levels regular! :0) Glad it's nothing major!!! What would we do without you???

WendyJanelle said...

ALSO, your body cannot absorb iron if you don't have enough vitamin C. So drink some juice with your beans and greens!! You should start feeling better in no time! (And avoid milk when you eat your meat, as milk can block the absorption of iron.)

Adelia said...

You gals are funny! You're preaching to the choir. I eat beans at least 3 times a week and we have an all veggie dinner at least once a week. I just need extra and some more extra. I too have struggled with anemia all my life. I haven't had to deal with it for 2 years and just completely forgot about it. In the past I take a supplement here and there and it keeps it at bay. I ran out a few months ago and never replaced it...so, I've ordered it again! Thanks for the well rounded advice. You guys are great!

Ann-Marie said...

Gosh, I hope you feel better soon! I didn't even KNOW about the beans!

At least you have a good reason for falling asleep at your in-laws...some of us are just bored when we do it! :-)

WendyJanelle said...

So, how are you feeling now, girl?
You certainly seem energetic, and your happy-self!