Monday, April 14, 2008

Comfortableness Is Making Me Uncomfortable

With little quips like, Your life is an occasion, rise to it. And, 37 seconds well spent is a lifetime, I have to say that Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium is WONDERFUL! First of all it meets our family's most important criteria of Random...how many times have I said before, we are lovers of random. Second, it echoed an entire conversation I had with Brett this morning!!

I am not currently in a state of depression or even a little forlorn, BUT I am not fulfilled. Er, is it better to say it this way, I don't believe Brett and I are fulfilling the call the Lord has placed in our lives. It leaves my soul aching daily. I've been making steps and goals toward this calling, but Brett and I are not together together anymore. Right now we are just part of that middle-class society that is just comfortable, not even really living...just existing and it's draining me! Mahoney, from Mr Magorium's refers to this as "Just" people. You know, not seeing things for more than they can be. We're "just" living, not LIVING. Maybe someone will misread this and think that we're not serving the Lord at all or that our family doesn't have fun. That's not it, but there's something more out there. We've been there before, and I want it back.

I've been reading some books that have been slapping me in the face. I've drifted so far from so much. What caused the drifting? Just the comfortableness of life. I'm tired of being comfortable. I want to go after God, our vision, our family...like never before.

I think that I've been so busy "well doing" that I've missed the Lord's voice in it all. I've been doing everything by my own might. Yes, I seek the Lord, but I don't know if He would have me doing half the things and ministries that I've been doing. I think that my busyness has snuffed out his voice and left me assuming too much.

I'm in prayer right now over MM. I don't know if I'll be a care group leader next year. I thought I would, but notice the "I" in that. God is going to have to show me my path. I'm praying, "Lord teach me how to hear YOUR voice. I want to know what it sounds like so that when you speak to me,I will know that it's you."

Of course, the enemy is so joyful about all of this since he has put a fuzzy on us...a confusion. Brett and I have lost sight of where we are going together. Not marital together, destination life together. I'm also praying for God to ignite a fire in us like never before. I'm so excited about the change and growth about to take place in our lives. I'm excited about rising to our occasion of life and spending all of the seconds well.

But really, Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium may not be as thought provoking for you, but it's such a heart warming, random, charming little movie. I'm glad we watched it as a family!

2 comments:

WendyJanelle said...

Boy this really hit home for me. I read it a couple days ago, and really thought about it.

I think this is one reason why church leadership also faces many divorces/ affairs, etc...the busyness snuffs out God's voice. We get so concerned with the actual service that we forget why we are serving and it ceases to be worship.

I need to step back and approach more things with prayer BEFORE I commit. I just assume that it's the right thing because it's a "good thing."

WendyJanelle said...

And I'll have to see that movie!