Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Our Vacation

Okay, here's the first half of our vacation in pictures. We went to Mr. Smiley Joe's family's and went canoeing the Buffalo. Something I've wanted to do for years!! When we arrived at the family's, the boys began playing Lincoln Logs. Before the weekend was over T-bird could make an entire town complete with a jail. I was so proud. He'd even make front porches...like his daddy that one...

We also went fishing with life vests in tow. Those who know my children know why. We caught so many fish. I felt bad because I caught a decent size fish and we were doing catch and release, but NO, my dumb fish had to swallow the hook. I was so sad; I don't mind catching fish, but if my purpose is to throw it back...I didn't mean to kill you little fish...not this time at least. We ate him at the fish fry later that afternoon...sigh. Blondie-Boo was elated when the cows came up to drink. He would say, Come here cows, I will give you a drink. Come here everybody I will give you a drink. Cows are some of his favorite animals. For setting out to catch fish, we caught about a hundred ticks on our bodies, and we did use repellent. Guess they were desperate!

So, the next day was the big event. Canoeing was both wonderful and horrible at the same time. There has been so much flooding that there is soooo much debris in the river. We were warned about it, but it kind of stressed me out. Funny, years ago I would have just laughed through it, but now that I'm a mom and wife, I'm thinking, I've got to get back to my kids. Not quite as indispensable as I used to be. My love saved me from a snake coming ashore during our lunch break. (swoon) My Hero. We also fished on our trip, fishing was so calming to my soul. AND I caught like 20 fish, seriously, ask my Love Bucket. He'll vouch for me! Brett always tries to cast for me and it somewhat ruffles my feathers when he does. I finally found out why. Toward the end of our trip he says, You know, honey, you are really good at casting. To which I respond, That surprises you? Him, Ya, your really good at fishing. I wanted to be offended, but I understood what he meant. Most women we know are not into fishing or could even cast a pole properly. I told him my dad taught me. My dad may have a lot of faults, but he did take time to teach us to fish and cast properly. It made me proud in a way. And it made my Love happy to have a wife that could put a hook in the water in all the right places. Oh, ya, I get up under that brush. Don't you worry...

Tuesday, we went to Mr. Smiley's Granny's house. Turns out that two of her sisters were in visiting. Oh My! That was my favorite part of the entire vacation. I thought we were there for only an hour and really it was 5!!! The boys had such a great time. Blondie got to sing and play with Aunt Jean; they sang to their hearts content. Aunt Jo and Granny bounced among all three of them. Blondie got to doodle at the rooster! That boy needs a farm. T-Bird loved his tree. And they all got to swing for hours on the oldest, rustiest old set in the world. My memory maker came when Granny was swinging the boys, and started singing Swinging in the Orchard on and Old Apple Tree...It was so beautiful. This old diddy being sang to my sons...a little tune from years ago...just priceless. Then the boys moved on to the strawberry patch. The boys ate the berries straight off the plant...no washing...They would just giggle and go back for more.

What more do three little boys need than three little Grandma's to dote on them. My kids didn't want for a thing! So precious!!!! I was so proud of them. They just kept the compliments about boys' personalities and behavior coming...

By Wednesday, we were playing our family's favorite lawn game...Croquet! What a great time!

And here are some pictures:

Okay, forget it. I've posted them seperately...having issues...again. Okay, the issues were worse than I thought, they are now like 3 posts up! UGH!

2 comments:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

The pictures never loaded for me. :-( Waaaaahhhh....

The vacation sounds terrific!! I love the "come here cows..." from Blondie-Boo. Just precious.

Nature Boy was talking to Fred yesterday about hiking. He suddenly piped up, "and remember when I saved Adelia??" Ha! So funny! He is so proud of saving you from that big black snake because you were sooooo scared!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Strange, now I can't see them either...I'll reload it or just post a few. Jerri said she saw them. Weird.

Nature Boy is so sweet. He certainly has that eye for nature though.