Monday, June 16, 2008

The Decision Making of T-Bird

I'm sitting on the couch with T-Bird Thursday night eating strawberries. Just relaxing and enjoying the fresh taste of summer. Okay, it's still technically Spring. Details, details. The relaxation takes a turn when T looks up at me and says, "Are wild strawberries poisonous?"
Me: What are you talking about?
T: I think I might have eaten a wild strawberry at Nature Boy's earlier today.(he said this in a completely hypothetical tone)
Me: How do you know it was a wild strawberry, it you "might" have eaten it?
T: (shrugs his shoulders with eyes wide)
Me: I gotta call Mrs Savage.

After a short talk with my friend, yes, we confirmedT-Bird ate a wild strawberry and has now received another education on not eating berries without Momma. However, more information came out of the conversation with Mrs Savage. She relayed to me, after Mrs Savage had been playing with her kids in their digging hole and commenting on smelling pee everywhere, Nature Boy revealed that he and my T had peed in the digging hole.

I hang up and and ask T-Bird, "Did you pee in the digging hole with Nature Boy?"
T: We did, ya, we did mom and it was fun! (giggles follow)

Some days he make decisions so well and then others are berry and pee days.


post signature

3 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

LOL! WOW! Some days I think my tomboys are just like boys, but I sure am glad we don't have the "pee" days! :0P
BTW...the new pick of the boys is ADORABLE!!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Yeah, your message was hilarious "please call me if I need to rush him to the hospital..." Yeah. Scary. That boy!! And the fact that Nature Boy watched him do it and said nothing!! And the peeing thing-- sheesh!! I think T-bird and Nature boy both had a bad-decision making day. Good thing they are both so well-behaved and generally just wonderful most of the time!!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Thanks Jerri! Ya, you luck out on the whole pee thing...Yea for you!!! Did you know he peed behind the front tree in the yard while Barb was here once. Ya, she couldn't see him but the cars passing could!

Mrs Savage, I know. How can the same boys who sit and play board games so quietly and perfectly be the ones peeing everywhere and eating anything that looks edible. It's the Land of Savages...We'll blame it on the great outdoors where they exercise their pre-manhood!