Friday, June 6, 2008

Thankful

I am so thankful for answered prayers in action. Last night, Brett was home alone with the kids. Brett had let the baby play with some dinosaur eggs that I had put up on a high shelf. The eggs were in a large ziploc bag. I had them up because I was going to make a "dinosaur" nest with them. Brett had left the bag on the chest in our living room. Of all the children, Tristan takes it and puts it on his head and breathes in....Tristan came up behind Brett and tapped him on the shoulder. The bag was suctioned on his head, he was obviously scared and lacking oxygen, and Brett had to rip it off of him. I can't tell you how unnerving this was for all of us. I'm so thankful that Brett wasn't outside or in the garage. I'm so thankful for the angelic protection that presides over this home. I'm so thankful for the small and big prayers that are answered. No more ziploc bags....and of all the children, Tristan???? Are you kidding me, he's my good boy! I've said it before-----I LOVE MY FAMILY! And right now I just feel so blessed to have them all! Thank you, Lord, for your divine hedge of protection!!!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

That is terrifying. I read it, then had Fred read it...and then I read it again, too shocked to respond. I busy myself with life, and it never even occurs to me that something like this could happen. I'll tell you, after the second time I read this through, I put a lock on my cabinet with the Wal-Mart sacks!!
Yes, thanking God for His protection for your precious boys blue!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

I know Wendy! We've changed things around here as well. WM sacks included. It's been a big wake up call for us.