Friday, August 8, 2008

Where Were You Born?

Yes, I'm supposed to be heading out the door and putting my booty in the truck destined for Indiana right now. However, as usual, we're behind in schedule. I was just showing the boys on the state map that we are leaving from our state to Indiana. Both green states on our map. I told the boys that I was born in Indiana and the Indiana is called the Hoosier State. When I was a little girl everyone would say, Look at that little Hoosier! Yes, a little northerner in the midst of downright country. Our trip is mostly business mixed with some fun. Brett and I will have alone time from the start of our trip until around 11am tomorrow and then more quality time Sunday on the 9 hour and 37 min trip home. Fun, fun. Anyway, after I told the boys where I was born, I asked T-Bird where he was born.
T: Arkansas
Me: That's right! Good job! Blondie-Boo, where were you born?
Boo: Wal-Mart! I love Wal-Mart!
Me: Um, no, as your birther you were definitely not a Wal-Mart Baby!!!

But, seriously, the kid loves Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart the giver of life, according to Blondie. And if you enter through the garden center that is NOT Wal-Mart. Only through the sale affronting front entrance doors is WM. He had a meltdown once claiming he was not in WM because we went in the wrong doors. Somedays that kid drains me....Once again, he was NOT born in Wal-Mart. I wonder what kind of discount we would have gotten if he had been...hmmm...Save money live better...now I'm thinking...the next one...birth...Wal-Mart...discounts and savings....Not a bad idea! Haha!

post signature

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

praying for a safe trip and for wonderful fellowship.

christine matchell said...

Adelia--I'm finally entering the modern age with our blog! I LOVE yours! You'll have to teach me all your wonderful, creative ways. I will miss you in care group this year. We're actually going to have to start hanging out. :)

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Chris!!!! Thank you for stopping by and YES we're going to HAVE to start hanging out! There it's official.

Thank you Suz! We had an absolute wonderful time of laughs and intimate friendship! Much needed!

And now I say, my computer is on vacation and has been for almost two weeks. We took it in to the "spa" aka the local computer fix it store. Hopefully, all will be well by next week and I'll be back and better than ever! Ha!