Tuesday, September 16, 2008

To the Creek with Daddy!

First of all, I love creeks! Second of all, outdoor life makes me happy. Third of all, creeks, outdoor life and my family make crazy, happy!

Learning to skip stones with Daddy.

Notice how Little Hoot pops up here and there in pictures.

Readying himself for greatness.

He did it! T-Bird got 2 skips! Sweet Victory!
T also caught the world's smallest bass. Amazing. Brett was greatly amused and proud of his bass fisherman in the making!

And here's Daddy's patient little fisherman. Blondie-Boo is such a little Brett.

See, look at them.

And the patience and diligence paid off. Look at that smile.

And look at the size of that fish! Great job Blondie!

Oh, and T caught his own bait.

The fishies will like you! Notice little Hoot again.

This is how Hoot fishes. End of pole in the water---Best way!

And, look, look, look. A rare family photo.

We had such a good time and lots and lots of pictures to remember how great we are as family. This was one of those picture perfect afternoons. I'm so thankful for my little nature boys and my fisherman husband. Hope you enjoy the look at the day.




post signature








7 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Beautiful!!! What creek did y'all go to? It looks familiar. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the great weather we've been having and your family! Tell T "way to go" on the "BIG" fish, LOL! ;0)

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

We went to one of Brett's old fishin' holes. Still amazed he took us to such a sacred place. It's outside of the Weddington area.

Do you think there is some prize for smallest bass caught?? :)

Jerri Dalrymple said...

I don't know, but there should be!!! He deserves it! ;o)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

That's my idea of a perfect day!!
Love the bait-catching, the little trophy fish, and skipping rocks. Perfect.
And the family photo is GREAT! That one is worthy of Christmas cards!

Rachel said...

Oh, how sweet! Going to the creek is one of our favorite activities, too!! Great pictures!

Amy J said...

What an awesome day!! I love hanging out by creeks. Quick note on fishing....my Dad took us when we were little and there weren't enough poles to go around so he gave my littlest sister a big stick with a string tied to it (assuming she wouldn't catch much I guess). Well she caught a fish and didn't know how to bring it in, so Dad yelled, "Run!! Just run!" and she took off running, and was running up the dirt road with that poor fish bouncing along the road!!! Too funny!!!!!! Thanks for bringing back that fun memory!!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

That is such a great story, Amy!
Glad I could help bring back that memory...I have to tell my hubby about that one! :)