Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pops in the Garden

Our family went to the Botanical Gardens in Fayetteville a couple of weekends ago. They hosted the Pops in the garden. We had such a great time. Some of you know that Boo is our classical guy. He loves music and instruments, so really this was an effort to expose him to his love and talent. We threw out a blanket and played in the children's garden during the first set of music. The boys loved the children's garden. The entrance is like a barn and there's a bridge over a pond with lily pads, which Boo loved. There is a tree with a over sized eagle's nest. The kids walk up and over a bridge to arrive at the nest. Really, there are so many small things that the kids just loved. Little Hoot's favorite part was the chickens in the chicken coop. He kept calling them like a beloved pet saying, "C'mon, C'mon." So cute. I really enjoyed the vegetable garden and the Ozark native garden and who am I kidding, I love all plant life.

While on the blanket, we played a game of Trouble and did a Nature Notebook entry. All in all uneventful. Ha ha, gotcha. You should know we would not get away so quietly. During the very last piece, Little Hoot takes off running over a stony path. I should mention that I was laying on the blanket truly relaxed and enjoying myself. Blondie-Boo took off running after Hoot, Hoot stopped short, Boo fell on top of him, Little Hoot fell onto his face. I got up to save him. Everything looked normal, just tried to comfort the wails. When I pulled him from my embrace the second time, Hoot was bleeding from from both nostrils and both top and bottom gums. NICE! Ten paper towels from the lady near us later, the bleeding had mostly stopped. Nothing serious, just the best of visceral places. We had to stop on the way home to deal with the bleeding again, but verily I say, it was a mostly wonderful time.

Oh, and my mommy got to go with us! Yea! I love my mommy!

Here are some glimpses at our day.

This is as good as it gets; at least every one's looking at the camera.
Squeezin' in some yoga.


I love this picture. I would like to have it sketched. A little boy and his balloon. Can't you see what's about to happen? Look at where his free hand is going. Loosening the wrist tie and thinking....what would happen if I did this.....


Little Hoot stood just like this for so long watching his beloved fly away. When my kids loose balloons to the sky, we say they are sending Jesus a present. That's helped them shorten the meltdown cycle. Fortunately, Hoot loves cause and effect. I know his little brain was loving this moment.
Oh, how could that have happened.....


Little Hoot explains the balloon situation to Nane.


Blondie-Boo is playing his air trumpet. This child loves all instruments, even ridiculous instruments like bassoons. Well, I'll bet bassoonists think they are great, but who else does? And is that the right word, bassoonist?


Spying in the eagle's nest.


Momma's Boys







post signature


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are fabu. I love the one where your littlest is looking up at the balloon.

Charlie

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Thank you, Charlie.

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Beautiful! Looks like all had a great time!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Sorry, I've just been reading through Feedblitz, and not having time to comment. ;-)
I LOVE these pictures. LOVE THEM. Especially the first and last...and well, I love the whole balloon series SO much.
Kids, gotta love 'em!