Sunday, October 19, 2008

Woodland Creations

I'm getting so much better at this whole craft thing. Yes, we home school, but I feel this is one area my kids miss out on. Well, the solution is easy enough, right? Just focus and set a goal to complete a craft with the kids. Ok, yes, I do crafts, but I think my kids just need more. The nice weather has inspired me I guess. I feel so fun and fancy free. We decided to make woodland people and fairies out of the harvest season's accessories. Pine cones, acorns (Tristan took us to an "acorn patch"--quite a selection), pine needles, cedar sprigs, leaves...the list goes on. This is T-Bird's woodland fairy guy complete with blue googly eyes.
And this is T's pine cone person, Blondie's guy is in the middle and my fairy gal with a wreath of cedar is on the right. They even have their own leaf seat to sit on. We had such a fun time with this craft! Highly recommended!




post signature

2 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Adorable!!! You are such a good mama!!! :0)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Those are awesome!! Now I'm motivated to post mine as well. They are downloaded, just waiting...

I still can't believe we made nature fairies on the same day!! (Although I didn't get very far on Day 1.) That just proves we are kindred spirits. :-)