Sunday, November 23, 2008

My Hot Date

Oh ya, I had a hot date with my husband last night!!!! Long overdue and much needed! My husband came home and asked what I'd like to do, and I really didn't have any great ideas. Then he said, "You want to go to the shooting range and shoot a handgun?" That question would mark the moment when a lot of women would have recoiled, but knowing that this is something my husband truly enjoys and I don't mind...It was a definite YES.

So, off to the range we went. Brett let the guy know that we were there to try a gun in my hands since he's getting me one soon. Ick, gasp, breathe...I chose a Glock 9mm. One man informed me with a bit of a teasing tone that choosing the Glock showed a character flaw while another man argued that indeed I'm wise because the Glock is clearly superior. And most of us don't really know what that all that means except that the bullets are really big and expensive. Anyway, away we went to shoot. My husband is a fantastic aim, even without his glasses. I hit my target and in the general area except for two bullets who drifted south...but still good enough. You know how interesting I am? I cut myself on the gun...not exactly the wound you expect from the gun. Anyway, we came out and looked at some other guns. The guy asked how it went and I said "interesting." Everyone started laughing and said they'd never heard shooting described like that. The man found out it was my first time shooting a hand gun and said he wished he'd known that because they would have started me off with a .22. My husband quickly replied, "Ah, no, she's good." So cool to have my husband be proud of me and believe in my marksman skills.




We got a second target paper and did go with a .22 pistol. Long story short, our cable for the return broke and my target paper was out there in the middle of no where. Brett told the guy and the man said to finish and he'd shut down the range to get it because, "She's gonna want that paper." How nice was that!!! He didn't make fun of me and even went the extra mile for sentimental needs-a target paper that had 6 direct bulls-eyes and four just around the rim...That is pretty good, if I don't say so myself!

I love this man!!!

To quote my husband, "Hi I'm Adelia, and I have a gun." He said it in a mocking girly, happy tone. Ya, funny.



Then Brett and I went to Abuelo's...love, love Abuelo's. We had fantastic food and real conversation. You know, not the usual silence or talk of children that we married people sometimes get stuck in. And one of my favorite songs was played as we ate...Perfect. On our way home, I asked if we could stop by Hobby Lobby-----And he said YES! Do you know how huge that is????? He asked if he could use the "crafty toilet." He thinks he's so funny. Hobby Lobby ended up being the source of laughs and flirtation for us. Who knew?


My mom spent the night with us, and we had a fantastic day today. She made us a delicious breakfast this morning. So nice to not have to cook!! We purged my garage!!!! And made crafts and food...it was all just so wonderful!!


I am so blessed!




post signature

3 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Sounds like you both had a great time! Most of us don't get out alone with our spouse nearly as often as we should. I like shooting, too, although we do it here on the farm, setting up our own targets. We lay out the array of guns....hand guns, .22's, shotguns.... It kinda becomes a family affair. :) The littlest likes to shoot the BB gun, LOL! I wanted to tell you that no matter what I do, I always bust my thumb knuckly with the 9mm. EVERY TIME. I hate it.

Again....great you had a nice time, and took pics to mark the memory! :0)

Jerri Dalrymple said...

um, knuckle, not knuckly. Sorry...it's late and I should have gone to bed an hour ago. LOL!!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Ya, Jerri, I would much prefer a field or the woods. And, thank you for busting your thumb "knuckly" too. :) I had been keeping it to the side but it's just more comfortable to me to place it behind. Dang small hands. I moved it for the last shot. And you know what happened...It's good to know someone else enjoys shooting and teaches the fun and respect to their kids!!!