Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Rockin' Good Fairy House

This has been on my fall to do list for some time now. I've been cracking the anti-procrastination whip today. However, I realized that I wasn't making ideal progress, so T and I decided to go for a walk. That really got the blood pumping, and by the time we got back home we were ready to do something. We started with the yard. I moved all of my has been flowers and their pots the the east side of my house, and there they will wait until spring. I also de-cluttered my porch. Only one pot hanging out there now. We tried to get rid of most of the leaves. Ugh...that's a work in progress. I pulled up some old remaining dead flowers. Which made way for the fairy house idea. T and I went to our neighbors with little red wagon in tow and loaded up a couple of discarded logs. Our neighbor had to cut down another tree thanks to the ramifications of the past spring tornado series. Anyway, a blessing for us. Then we loaded the little red wagon with fairy house fixins. Yes, fixins.




There the fixins are.




And here is the beauty of a fairy house. Believe me, everything is strategically placed. T lives by his motto "we can do whatever we want." As in, if you put your mind to it, you can do anything. Not the rebellious side of that quote. Just clearing things for you.


The fairies have leaf rugs.




And all kinds of obstacle courses and places to sit. T has placed rocks here and there to make sure they have resting and talking spots.



There are rock steps, a giant gourd for them to feel more at home, a pot turned upside down for sure entry yet protection from the elements. And the pot also gives entry into the Crystal Ballroom where the light up the night with their parties and balls. Perfect.




And to quote my T-Bird, "The Tooth Fairy is going to rock it out here, isn't she?! She will love this!"


I love my party animal!


This was such a fun project for T and I to do together. We had soooo much fun!!!!

post signature

4 comments:

Shan said...

Aren't you a clever and creative girl! What a neat idea! It was fun hearing your little chirpy voice and giggles in the dentist office the other day. I guess I DO miss seeing all the townspeople and the occasional friend when working at places like that. xo

Rachel said...

THAT is too awesome! :-)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

wooo-hooo!
Rockability, to be sure!

Tell T that he is just amazing, and I would LOVE a house like that myself!! (Maybe he'll be an awesome architect some day?? Just imagine the buildings!)

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Thanks Ladies!

Shan, I love randomly seeing you! I caught a glimpse of you yesterday at Wal-Mart--we were on a bathroom run...go figure. Just a glimpse was enough to make me smile. :)

Anyway, we watched Tinkerbell last night. Yes, 3 little boys have been anxiously waiting to watch Tinkerbell. We all loved it. And it's the perfect accompaniment to this project. Good lessons for discussion and we got to see them use nature items we've studied and collected. It was awesome.

Wendy, I know, he and Brett are very good at building, creating, constructing. My brain just doesn't go there.