Saturday, November 8, 2008

Say Hello to Sammy

We found a new friend yesterday...Look it's a salamander. T quickly dubbed him Sammy. Sammy will be released to a new location this afternoon. Our backyard isn't a friendly habitat. Little Guy, you're lucky I found you instead of the big bad dog!!




Me: Where is Sammy?
T: Hoot has him.
Me: Why would you let the baby have him?!
T: He asked for him.
Simple enough. I went to retrieve Sammy from Hoot, who was wearing a lizard shirt.

We have Sammy because Tristan wanted his dear friend, Nature Boy, to see him. Nature Boy wasn't at home at the time, but Mrs Savage promised to call when he got back. Once we got the call, we were off and the fun began. Once the fun stopped, it was too cold to release him which is why his release is set for this afternoon.



Come on, don't you know that salamanders are high fashion. Look at the great head piece they make.




This little guy is so great!!


And GOOFY overtakes my child.



Hmm, in my ear?
How about up my nose?




How does this thing taste?





Now that I think about it, I am a little hungry!



Oh, I almost forgot another wonderful thing. The day before, the boys were allowed some TV time and watched Reading Rainbow. The featured book that was read was called The Salamander Room. How perfectly blessed we are!!

post signature

2 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Wow! I don't think I've ever seen a salamander in these parts. Quite a catch, T! :0)

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

I know!! I stopped and thanked the Lord for such a wonderful blessing!!!