Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It'll Be Alright

Well, well, well...That didn't go as well as I wanted it to. Obviously, my guy and gal didn't win. I felt a little numb for a while. My T-Bird woke up needing a drink of water around the time everyone realized Obama is going to be our next President. T is aware of the political winds, and I told him Obama won. Then my little guy started crying. Part of the cry was just loosing. He really likes to win. The other part was just knowing that someone won who doesn't share our views is now going to be our leader. As soon as he started crying, I of course felt like a terrible parent!!! Hugging and shhhshing his tears away I asked him who leads our family. Daddy, the Lord, and our President. I added that even though our government and leaders may change, the Lord never changes and neither does his word. Jesus is the same yesterday, tomorrow and forever. Hebrews 13:8 I also told T this is where our job begins. We are called to pray and lift up our leaders. We will follow him as the President of the United States of America. The Lord calls us to this. We will also live a life that glorifies the Lord.

I received an email this morning that my friend forwarded on from her Papa who is a pastor. Part of the email was this, and I think it is quite relevant: 1 Peter 2:11-19 NKJ Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may, by your good works which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation.
Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake, whether to the king as supreme, or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good.
For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men as free, yet not using your liberty as a cloak for vice, but as servants of God.
Honor all people. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king. Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh. For this is commendable, if because of conscience toward God one endures grief, suffering wrongfully.


How quickly we forget the Lord and who he is. He doesn't forget us. Is Obama and is the government not allowed to be touched by the Lord. Can change not come through Him who is the creator of all things...he that created Barack Obama? Doesn't the Lord use times of hardship to bring us closer to Him? Is government beyond the reach of the Lord?

I want you to know that there are no lost causes. Here's an example, my husband used to work with a man that was always drunk and had no personal relationship with the Lord. Brett tried to minister to him and share his testimony. We prayed for him. It's been 3 and a half years and no change. Brett ran into him the other day and the man was sober. He's given up drinking and invited us to church. That's right, he found the Lord. All this time the Lord waited on him, while Brett and I had given up. God remained. Let us not forget this.

No worries, guys, Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34.

post signature

2 comments:

Bekah said...

You wrote that a lot better than the little rant on my page! Thanks for the better/gentle reminder!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

I like ranting!!! :) Ranting grabs attention! :)