Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Birthday, an Obsession, and a Parade

Well, this past weekend was entirely too busy, but it was also entirely fun. Friday marked the 2nd birthday of my Little Hoot. I can't believe it--is he really two? When will I stop referring to him a the baby? Anyway, we started with Mothering Matters. Little Hoot stays with me and decided to really show how special he was. He tootled off to one of the back rooms climbed on a table and was preparing himself to jump when a fellow mom pointed behind me. I quickly went to his "rescue" when he announced, "I'm gonna jump, Momma." That kid!! But I did learn how to make a swag for my door during our speaker's tutorial on decorating your home for the holidays. That is my project for today. It's taken me all this time to locate our wire cutters. No, no they were not in the tool box where they belong. I had forgotten that I had taken them away from the kids and placed them somewhere "safe"--you know, the top of the fridge where all things dangerous go.

After MM, Dana and kids came over for lunch and fun. Let me just say, little Tractor Boy has turned into a BOY! It's so strange yet fun to see the kids grow up with your kids. Her little Boy wrestled my kids and held more than his own!! Too funny. The kids also colored Christmas pages. The girls of course picked pretty, sparkly colors. I find the differences in girls and boys fascinating. It's been too long in between visits with this family and was truly needed and enjoyed.





Little Hoot's party commenced around seven Friday night. We had gone earlier to get Thomas the Train balloons. My friend, Mrs Savage, watched him while T, Boo, and I went to get them. Hoot had a great day. Free range at MM, lunch with friends, play date with Little Lad, and party with the family.

These guys just showed up for the cake.

The cake...there's a funny story behind the making of the cake that I'll keep to myself for now.


James!






This video is funny to me. Family life is so random. Brett's trying to give Hoot his train, Boo wants the train, Brett's explaining to Boo it's Hoot's and T is being completely oblivious and random. Too funny to me.
video
And then, Mommy went to satiate her thirst for her new obsession. I've made a big mistake. I've felt like reading a new book for a while, yet I have not found a book interesting enough for me to buy. Yes, I buy books. While passing buy an aisle I noticed the book Twilight. I decided it was a great price, so if I didn't like it, I would not regret spending the money. I started it last Tuesday and finished it Tuesday! 498 pages! I did it without neglecting the boys, going to WM and talking to Dana on the phone. Hello! It was wonderful!! The book was so great that I quickly began planning how I would make it to the movie theater to see the movie. I asked Brett and he said he'd go if I didn't find anyone else. My mom said no because she believes vampires are real and would be scared. Hee hee... The home tour was that night, the list was dwindling. I knew Mrs Savage was going to dinner for her sister's birthday, but I quickly began seeing a ray of hope. She said she should be back in time for the late show. There it was: I was going to see Twilight with someone. Yes, I absolutely was planning on going by myself if know one went with me. I didn't want Brett to go and make an off comment about my new obsession. Let me enjoy it while it lasts. I've ordered the next two books. They should be here today. Breathe, pace yourself... And then I'll order the last in the series this weekend. Happy early birthday to me...

I'm so glad I'm already madly in love and married. If I would have read this book when I was single...Oh, the desperateness I would have felt. The level of expectation would have risen to an all time high. I told Brett the book makes me love him more. I see parallels in our relationship and the relationship represented in the book. I laughed out loud when I read, "he looks at you like he's going to eat you..." Ha! Joni, my old room mate during the initial obsession with Brett, said she did not like Brett because "He looks at you like he's going to eat you. It's like a wolf with his eye on the lamb." Oh ya, we had/have it bad for one another.

Just to let you how much I enjoyed the book. I read EVERY word in it. I've only done that a handful of times...The Mark of the Lion series, Jane Austen's books, maybe a couple of others...maybe. You see, I'm N.I.D. er, not into details. I'm sure that's a result of my choleric tendency of ya, ya get to the point and my selfish sanguine tendency of like I care if it's not about me. Each personality has it's negative sides. Guess it really comes out in my reading. I'm reading the book for the second time. Yes, I'm enjoying my obsession. However, I am being mature about this. I felt guilty for devouring a 5oo page book in a day...I bothered me that I hadn't been devouring the all time greatest book...The Bible. I mean it's got it all, romance, adventure, betrayal, reconciliation...Why am I not devouring it? So, I've renewed my love for the great Book. So, the obsession actually is helping lead me to the Source. Exciting!!





But I will say: Then Saturday brought the Christmas Parade. T-Bird was in it for Gymnastics and I was a chaperon. I have to admit to not being all that excited...until...I started seeing my friends. Really we had a great time. I have to give shout outs and thank yous to everyone who waved at us and waved at T like he was oh so cool. Suzanne and her family started us off. So nice to see people we know. And Chris was on the same street! As was our neighbor lady. Barb, I love Barb, was so great. She jumped up a down waving her arms yelling T's name. I LOVE that woman. She didn't have to do that! She's so special to us. We saw a lot of other people but I'm trying to name the one's who read sometimes. No, Barb doesn't read this, but we all know and love her!! We saw this exceptionally good looking family right smack downtown. Seriously, you guys looked so cute, it was Dana and bunch. And she pulled a little bit of a Barb too. Thank you!
My mom had Boo on the corner. He's so cute and it made me a little emotional to see his beautiful face stand out in the crowd. By the way, he fell asleep after we passed. Didn't even get to see Santa. He's funny!

And this is the best picture we have of us. If anyone got a better one, could you send it to us please??

And I already told you about Sunday's fun. Truly a busy but great weekend.











post signature

10 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Too cute! You have to tell me how to get the video on the puter....I know my little camcorder is capable, but I can't figure it out! LOL

Jerri Dalrymple said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christine matchell said...

I LOVE Twilight too!!! I also read it in a day! Actually, a night. So, i stayed up all night to read a book. You caught me. But seriously, they're so well written. I loved the rest of the series! Didn't love the movie, but pretty much all the books were all nighters. (The second read through I just savored.) :)
Thanks for the shout out! It was great seeing you guys in the parade!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Do you realize that T is LICKING the balloon in that video?? Now THAT is funny!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Oh, and I'm so glad that "baby" had a great bday!!! So glad we got to actually see him on his big day. Wish I'd remembered to give him the lion, though. Now it will seem like more of a Christmas present...hope the other kids will understand!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Aw, sheesh. Okay, promise this is my last comment!!
difference between boys and girls?? Tell that to my Artists, the automatic-weapon-carrying-tomboy!

Where did you find that Twilight obsession sign?? Too funny! Perfect for you!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Jerri, this video actually came off my digital camera. I know there is a way to hook up cam corders too. I have never done it, but Brett has. I should ask him.

Chris, thank you for validating my obsession!! It's good to know I have someone "solid" backing me up. ;) And I too am savoring the second read. It's still good. I was thinking maybe I was overreacting, but no, no I'm not!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Yes, he is licking and "bouncing" it with his tongue. Did you notice that Boo bops it back at him right at the end. I think it's just 8 seconds of funny.

The kids will understand! BTW we were driving on Tues and the baby started calling Little Lad and telling a story using his name over and over and over...I just laughed. He loves your kids especially the younger two.

I know but she is still occasionally a girl...kind of...

And I got the Twilight obsession sign from a Twilight obsessed group. I know, it's bad...thinking of seeking help. Heh, heh. At least there are others like me out there...

Rachel said...

OK I can't WAIT to read Twilight. I just need to find time to go buy myself a copy, since I was number 76 in the hold queue at the library, LOL!! Forgetthat! Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much! I'm sure I will!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Oh, YES, Rachel--Buy it! Let me know what you think!!! Happy Reading!!