Monday, December 22, 2008

Brett & Adelia Sittin' in a Tree...

Sometimes he just does everything so right...I'm talking of my husband of course. The other night I had made a comment about our 2 year old being in our bed. I said, "Do we need to have another baby to get this one out of our bed?!" I was kidding, but Brett paused and said the most marvelous thing. He looked at me and said, "You know, I'd like to have some time to just enjoy you." My breath caught and heat rushed through my body. In that simple sentence he said so much. He liked me, he loved me and he wanted to spend time with me. Time and adventures without a baby on my hip. That may sound selfish to some of you. But to me it was soooo romantic and lovey!

You know those sensations you had in the very beginning? Those butterflies and flashes of hot and cold. Those oh my goodness he just looked at me moments! Those moments when he took your hand and you thought he would feel you tremble at his touch. Well, some days I really miss those moments. They kind of go on a long vacation after years of being together. I've discussed this before with friends who are in love with their husband. And we agree, how romantic is it when your husband takes your hand, you don't feel all those thousands of sensations, yet, you also feel so comfortable that you cannot tell where you end and he begins. Sigh...I love my husband. However, I get back those giddy moments every now and then when I see him somewhere in town on a week day or, this is the best-always gets me, when he is busy doing something and then starts singing...Oh the flood of lovey thoughts!! I love it when he sings, hums or whistles. It just gets me.

I had a rough day yesterday. My husband being the quiet brooder that he is felt the best way to speak to me was to distract me from the former thoughts. He took me to see Twilight again. How self-sacrificing is that?! All in the name of love. While the movie totally deviates from the book, it does entertain me and keep me from thinking. After the movie, he said, "So why does she fall in love with him? Because he's rude and a jerk?" I laughed and said, "I knew you'd see the parallels in our relationship and theirs!" He laughed too. You'd need to have been there all those years ago to know what I'm talking about, but seriously...parallels--minus the whole vampire human thing.





I'm in love with this man!


post signature

6 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

That was soooo beautiful!!! I think my tummy flipped when I read his response to having another baby! Awwwww.....like a romance novel! Thanks for sharing. I agree....after many years the butterflies are replaced with an amazing comfort and oneness, but it's nice when the occasional butterfly flits around, too! My hubby sometimes gets this look in his eye when he's really studying me....much like when we were dating, and that does it for me!
:0) Glad you all had a good time!!!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

It's so nice to know other women who are in love with their men!!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Oh, and remind me of this bit of his greatness next time I'm a little perturbed with him. ;-)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Longing looks, Tummy flips,
and of course, locking lips
Ahhh...the beauty of love.

Our men are fantastic, aren't they?
They can make us laugh when we need to just relax, and they can make us feel like the most beautiful women in the world with simple longing looks...

I love those pictures of you guys!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

All the pictures are great, but I think my fav is the close-up...your eyes even look the same color!

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

I think our eyes look the same because we were both exhausted. Funny, right?! Ya, I guess not really.