Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mr Boo Attends the Winter Concert

My little Blondie-Boo, Nane (my momma) and I attended the Ozarks Philharmonic Youth Orchestra's Winter Concert this afternoon. My Blondie-Boo is a little Einstein and loves music!! When I found out about the upcoming performance, I jumped at the chance to take the little guy. It was AWESOME. I'm so glad we were able to take him and expose him to the music he already loves. For him to see small children playing....just wonderful.

I recieved compliments about Boo's behavior from those around us. We were there for over 2 hours and he was amazing--outside of the switch of orchestras when he yelled, "Another conductor!!" The family behind us had a son who played in the PRESTO orchestra. He was a trumpet player, Boo's favorite instrument! What a blessing for my boy to see someone who played the trumpet!! They told us their son only started playing a year and a half ago and just tried out for the orchestra not expecting to make it!!! Wow!!

What was really interesting to me were the familiar faces we saw...our Schwan's man and his family and a couple of our friends from Fayettenam. Small but fun world...

Oh, and my guy recognized 3 pieces of music. Mozart, Antonin Dvorak, and his super duper favorite Georges Bizet!!! They ended with Bizet. It could not have been better, and to see his face light up with recognition was just stinkin' wonderful!!!!

My Little Einstein brought his Christmas ornament he picked out for this year. It's a French Horn. He was a little timid at first. See for yourself--clingy little thing.

Andante Strings
Happy Little Bug


PRESTO Orchestra

So sweet and at peace.


Reading the program.

Music fingers moving in time...

Playing his air horn...

The OPYO...so great!! Oh, and they opened with the Nation Anthem giving recognition to December 7th and the men and women who have served this country and lost thier lives. As you know, I'm a patriotic girl...They didn't even have to play well after that. They had me. But they did play well which made it all the sweeter.

Look at his itchy little music fingers. I love it when he does this.

After the concert, talking about the music and instruments.




Content Little thing...




post signature


1 comment:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

He is adorable!! I particularly love the music fingers and the air horn pictures!! And he looks like he's made of porcelain in those photos...soft white perfect skin. Like a little angel.
You look great, too, by the way! :-) I'm glad it was so good for him!