Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ta Daaaahh!

Perfectionists look no further, however for those of you who enjoy maniac creativity and thrown together things...feast your eyes on this! At MM on Friday, the lady showed us how to make this swag. Well, hers was prettier, but this was my first time. Mine is a little fatter than hers. So simple to do. Take a wire hanger, pull it in the shape of a diamond. Take wire and make a "web" by criss crossing it over the hanger. This will give you something to attach your green to. Then just start attaching your green using wire. Put a large, full piece in the back. She used a piece of fir--I didn't have fir. Thread the wire through your apple, put a hook at the end to secure it and pull. Hide your hanging apple wire by using more green. I should have made my apples hang a little longer. Tie on a bow, twist the hanger hook around and voila, instant wreathy swaggy thingy. Sigh, I feel so accomplished now. And I know I'll make prettier wreathy swaggy things each time. One day they'll be super beautiful, one day. That's the great hope at least.

Oh, I almost forgot. I just added some red berries. You know the poisonous ones that grow on those bushes in my neighbors yard, ya those. Super cute.






post signature

3 comments:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

LOVE it!!! The green apples are fantastic.
I haven't attempted my own yet, but I want to cut up the lavender in my front yard before it all freezes, so I think I'll add some. Do you want some clippings??
Great job!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

That would look SO nice on my front door! LOL ;0)

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

I'm watching you, Jerri...:)