Friday, January 23, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Friday, January 16, 2009
And this is T-Bird's spider spinning a web.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
This subject recently came up, so I'd thought I'd clarify. My posting screen name is Mrs Smiley Joe. Why? My husband occasionally plays games online and his name has always been Smiley Joe. I've always loved it, even in the prenuptial days. Maybe because he isn't smiley and he isn't Joe. I still find it a beautiful name for my gaming man. So much so that I one day realized I'm Mrs Smiley Joe. If his online alter ego is Smiley Joe, that means I'm Mrs Smiley Joe, right?! Ya following me? However, I just discovered he also plays under the name Terlet Wadder....His sense of humor is a little off sometimes. I have no plans on becoming Mrs Terlet Wadder!!!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
I was blog hopping this morning and saw several thankful posts. I've decided to give my own list of good things.
1. My nose only leaks 3 times a day now compared to the all day faucet it has been for the past 3 weeks!
2. My boys wake up EVERY morning and greet each other and myself with "Good morning's" and "I love you's."
3. I've found some really cool clearance items to decorate my birthday bash with. Yeee!!!
4. Talking with my mom morning and evening. I love that ol' gal!
6. My husband who laughed at me because I'm NID (not into details). We've started playing Brain Age and Sudoku on the Nintendo DS. Fun, fun. But I thought the guy was still doing the introduction and thought I was pushing the next button. Over and over and over...Thinking this guy never shuts up. Brett was laughing and brought to my attention that I was selecting the Sudoku game over and over and over....Ooops. But I love it when he finds my impatience endearing.
8. My dogs are great. Even when two children are chasing one and swinging swords at her. I told the kids that wasn't safe, that the dog could nip at them thinking they were trying to hurt her. Then we'd have to get rid of the dog. The dog went and laid down thinking she was the one in trouble. This is my dog that NEVER lays down! Especially with company over. So, thankful for good dogs! But once again, the Davis shelter is CLOSED.
Here's Cara(The big one-Hoot's dog-wild like him) and Lily(T's circus dog--both of them are high energy). Princess(Prof X's dog--those two are cuddle bugs) isn't in the shot because she was inside where she feels love the most.
10. My uncle and two cousins came to visit me last week. So nice! My side of the family rarely comes to visit! I loved having them see my boys in their own environment or should I say habitat. Wild animals that they are.
Thursday, January 8, 2009
OOOOO! I'm so excited, yet I'm trying to set my expectations low. Did you know that this year a G.I. Joe movie is coming out? I realize mostly women read this, but as I've said before, I was raised with 6 of my BOY cousins as my play mates. I have 5 girl cousins. One 9 years older than me, one 9 years younger, one 11 years younger, one way younger than that and one 22 years younger!! I played with boys when I was a girl. The closest we got to a girlie game was when we played Jungle, and I would occasionally convince them that I was the queen of the jungle. But most of the time we played base ball, fort, lots of running games, War (we lived on 72 acres, me and my cousins-family land-there were no boundaries and we did take prisoners), lots of wandering in the woods with the occasional snake encounter, we built several club houses, and played GI Joe just to name a few ways we spent our days and afternoons. But you know what, I had fun and never knew I was missing out on tea parties. I didn't even know they existed, definitely none the wiser.
Anyway, back to my Woo-hoo...G.I. Joe, you know, the real American hero! You know, knowing is half the battle!!! My cousins had hundreds of Joes...Hawk, Duke, Snake Eyes and who could forget Sargeant Slaughter?!?! I was always Lady Jaye or Jinx. More often Jinx because she was RED. I thought for a while that I was Jinx. I mean the similarities are mind boggling. She's a ninja, I'm not. She comes from a line of ninjas, well, my family not so much. Okay forget the similarities, but as a girl I was mesmerized by this woman, I mean action figure. She wasn't in the cartoon very often, but when she was, I was thrilled. I was such a tom-boy now that I think about it. The shows I watched were all boy shows--He-man, Transformers, GI Joe...I never realized how un-girly I was. Hmm.
Here, for those of you G.I. Joe illiterate: The Complete Guide to G.I. Joe. This guy has put a lot into the Joe team and the Cobra force as well. Cobra=bad guys!
Anyway, possibly exciting! Possibly a disaster. Hollywood has a way of destroying good things. Why would the screen writers change so much just to make a movie. If it's good enough in the original form to want to make a movie, then likely, the reader's and lover's of the original form don't want Hollywood creativity! I understand editing from books, but adding and changing altogether is stupid and annoying. Yes, I said stupid. Most recent example was Twilight. And then another one that REALLY peaved me was Transformers. Cursing, indecent talk, the camera roving over a young woman's body...not quite the Transformers I remember. Ya, they got the transforming sounds right (gives me goose bumbps...Love it) and the line, Not this time, Prime, fantastic. Yes, I only saw it once, but certain things stand out. I loved Transformers! However, they messed up the movie. I would never allow my boys to watch it. And who do they market the movie to? Kids! Ugh!!!
Well, there you have it. The most exciting things I discovered last night! Yeeee! (high pitched squeal) We'll see how it goes.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
We spent New Year's in Muskogee! While I was not happy about going to this town twice in one week, we did have a good time. The boys actually stayed up to bring in 2009. They were wired and sugared up!!! Actually my youngest, would stay up until who knows when. The latest he's gone is 2am. That was this weekend when we went to Brett's mom and dad's to celebrate Christmas with them. Brett's mom said to Hoot the next morning, "Hoot I think you'd close every bar and saloon in town if we'd let you." Most of the adults had stayed up playing Sequence. Hoot joined them; this little girl went to bed with her T-Bird.
Professor X is in all out giggles. He would honk he's LOUD horn and Uncle Neal would yell back. Hysterical to this little one.
I think it's interesting that this one took up with the horn. I used to say his voice was like a honking horn.
Honking at Neal.
and this one.
Awaiting the New Year in the Castle.
I just really enjoyed those pictures and wanted to post them. No real purpose. Just a momma lovin' to look at her family.