Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day!


It's Inauguration Day!!! We're, of course, having lessons on our government this week and watching the Big Ta-Dah as well. T came in this morning and I wished him happy inauguration day and told him Obama was about to become the 44th President of the United States of America. His reply, "I know. Is he going to have his picture put on the dollar?" I laughed and said no. Then corrected, "He is about change, so I'm sure a coin, at the least, is in store."


This is also a day of prayer for us. Let this term of Presidency be lifted up to Him. Let two sides come together and work as one. Let His will be done on earth as in is in heaven. Let those who He has called answer and say, Here I am do with me what you will.


post signature

6 comments:

Shan said...

What a great attitude you have! I want to feel the same way and I hope we conservative types will be pleased with this presidency as well. :)

Suzanne said...

We watched it too. What a landmark for our country. God can use anyone to fulfill his will as He sees best.

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

I love you optimists!! I was praying (and trying not to spit at the tv.)

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

It's not just the optimism of it all. I love history and this is living history. Yesterday, 2 presidents from different views rode together in the same vehicle talking amiably! I think it was FDR and Hoover who had a less than amiable ride. There are a couple of others. But anyway, I think I'll make this declaration: I love Dub-ya. And he's not nearly as awful as some would make him be. He's on my list of "wanna meet's."

But I thought it was funny that T just knows they will put Obama on money. So funny! And considering his pivotal moment in history and his popularity, you know it's probable something will come of it.

And if I think on it too hard, I'll become forlorn. But we have a job ahead of his. The President doesn't change who God is. But we can change the President by prayer and investing time with others who don't share our view point!

Just my two cents and then some.

Mrs Smiley Joe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just what are those Woods up to? said...

I love what you said, "The President doesn't change who God is. But we can change the President by prayer and investing time with others who don't share our view point!" That's so great and encouraging! God's in control and His will will be done, working through anyone he wants to.