Monday, January 12, 2009

Noodles, a Book, and a Movie



For those of you who have been to Noodles before, shame on you!! You have NEVER told me how fantastically delicious and fun it is. After living in NWA for 10 years, I finally ate at Noodles. My best friend worked there when we were in college. He always wanted to take me, but I always said no. I didn't like his girlfriend and friends who all worked there. I guess that has always been the turn-off for me. However, 10 years means all those people are gone. T always wants something new. So, he and my nutty mom decided on Noodles. Look at those nuts (above). Thanks for the lunch treat, Momma!!!


Baby sucking on a lemon from my water. He was so good. Actually, they all were! We had such a great time. And the food, ah the food, so good!


He looks sneaky, but he was telling a story about his straw.


And their bathroom was great too. Hoot wanted to keep flushing. While the other two Gentlemen were entertained my the Super Sonic hand dryer. Seriously, your hands are dry in 3 seconds!

And the next day, my T-bird and I went to see The Tale of Despereaux. We have diligently read the book over the last few months. We thought the movie was good, but a far cry from the book. Sooooo, many changes. But T did recognize some pieces. He would quote lines out of the book at the same time the characters would say them. And giggle! Oh he giggled. I laughed at my boy. He is so funny. They showed Mouseword--so cute and quaint was the little mouse village. Then the camera drops down into Ratworld when T exclaims, "That's so cool. I want to go there!" Oh yes, carriages made out of skulls, every little boy's fantasy! Like I said the book was different. Ratworld was definitely unappealing. We really did like the movie though if you separate book and movie from one another. The animation looked like artwork. Part of me was taken back in time to my childhood. The mice and their families reminded me of Richard Scarry's little mouse stories with their little outfits and bonnets. Ahhh.


FYI: If you haven't read the book, the movie has strong thematic content. Not everything is rosy in this story. Just a word of caution.


Anyway, here's the boy with his ticket and book outside our theater.



post signature

8 comments:

christine matchell said...

Isn't Noodles fantastic?!! That's where I had my first "blind" date with Brian and where we got engaged! So fun!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

I've been to Noodles, but you know what my memory is like!! I guess I need to refresh it!

Those pictures are fabulous! I'm so proud of you for taking your camera!!! Wooo-hooo!! (Gotta love that dryer picture, with T in the background totally cracking up. That boy loves to get his party on!!)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Oh, and that's a great way to document his movie celebration out, after finishing the book. :-) He's a keeper!

Anonymous said...

I did not really like Noodles.
I almost like anything I do not have to cook.
I even went there with just my husband-no kids. We almost never "date" without rug rats.
I guess I am just weird.
I have trouble driving past Mama Z's for Italian.

Charlie

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Oh, Chris, that is so fun!!!

Mrs Savage, yes, your memory...gets you off the hook! ;-)
And thanks for noticing T's hysterical laughter. He loves to laugh and party! You've seen that.
And that one under the dryer, he loves to entertain his brother. What a pair.

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

Charlie, maybe I ate the only good dish they had?!? I trust your judgement. Mama Z's is on our "To Try" list. I'll let you know how that goes.

Oh, by the way, T and I saw Ms Charlie after our viewing of Despereaux. You never know where she'll pop up. Even F-ville!!! How fun!

Shan said...

I like Noodles pretty well. The hand dryer is a definite source of entertainment though. My friends and I have pics of it swirling up our hair into ratted top nots. Of course we would have used children for the experimentation if they'd been with us-ahem.

I didn't love Desperoux (pardon if misspelled). My boy said it was very different from the book as well. You are right about the animation~spectacular! The story was a wee boring to me and my kiddies.

How DOES Charlie do that pop up thing? ;)

Mrs Smiley Joe said...

I agree, Shan, Despereaux was sorta boring. But I was prepared after reading the book. I do like how the author engages the readers by "speaking to them" and asking them questions.

And that Charlie...There's just something about Charlie!!