Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Lovely Collision

We all know that I dearly love and treasure my husband. Yesterday, I had intentions of sharing a song with him that expresses how desperate I feel toward him. However, him being the man I love came home and did the very same thing for me. He played this song by Howie Day here are the lyrics and right now it's the first song on my play list. Brett looked at me and said, "This is us, love. (I love it when he calls me love) No matter what has happened or what happens, we always collide."

But truly, this song is so us for those of you who know us. And he sang it to me. Oh, I love his singing! Yes, my cup is running over right now. I really needed this lift after the past few days.

Collide Lyrics:

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
Yeah
When I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow findYou and I collide
I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know
I'm always on your mind
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide
Don't stop here I've lost my place
I'm close behind
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide

I'll share my desperate song with you soon. I should also say that Brett and I have a broad, wonderful appreciation for music. Our tastes are impeccable. Heh ;)

post signature

2 comments:

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

Ahh, what beautiful lyrics. How cool that you both had the same idea of playing a song for each other!

PS--I love your little kitty that gets the mouse. I've had far too much fun playing with him. (-:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Soooo sweet. I love it when Fred sings, too. Those manly, loving singing voices just relay the love so well, don't they? sigh
I'm glad I have some friends who are also truly in love with their husbands.