Monday, March 16, 2009

Crafts and a Birthday

So, my brilliant, amazing husband turned 30 this weekend. I, being the wonderful wife that I am, planned lots of little surprises for him. Thoughts of greatness have been swirling around in my head for weeks....Until my hubby got sick-- a gift from his littles--and one of my surprises had to reschedule. Ugh. Not to despair, we post-poned his birthday feast until the next day when his tummy could handle it, and I rescheduled his other surprise. My perfectionist self did very well with the upheaval. Yea me! Personal growth.


In order to fill my down time, I decided to get to my Spring is springing crafts. I saw a wonderful wreath at Target for $40!!! For a seasonal wreath?!? I just knew I could makes something similar for way less. I would just have to decide to do it. I wanted something slightly earthy, with hints of green and a crisp fresh white. With that, I got started.

I used a grapevine wreath form, some faux filler flowers, faux lilies, a bird nest, a few eggs (To represent new life) and a hot glue gun. I'm not big on fake flowers, but I think they look classy in this case and not Grandma-ish. I love my Spring wreath! It makes me super happy! Oh, and I made it for less than $7!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a $33 savings!


My house has such warm lighting that you can't tell that it really is such a crisp, happy looking wreath. And then I got caught up in it and added these items.

Oh, and I got to use my new craft/classroom area. Thank you Suzanne!!! We finally got the desk moved in. That's right it's no longer part of the patio welcome area. :)
The next day was determined to be Daddy's Day of Feasts. T-Bird planned the menu. He poured through my cookbooks to pick out just the right items. We settled on steak, Parmesan mashed potatoes, home made cheesy mac'n cheese, super salad, rolls, Daddy's favorite lemon cake and double chocolate brownies. What man wouldn't feel loved with a meal like that. Way to go T!
My Momma gave Brett the gift of T-Bones! Look at those suckers. My griddle could hold only 3! They were huge! Notice that he only has steak on his plate. Doesn't want to use up any tummy space on stinkin' veggies and carbs. This is his goofy, Oh my dear, I ate too much look. Love it. Love him! I think he was satisfied. I cooked up some mean steaks! That's the way to this man's heart, good cookin'. I got him!

post signature

1 comment:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Love, love, love the wreath...but then you knew I would. :-) Love the eggs everywhere!!

That last pic of Brett is priceless. Frame it somewhere... or put it in one of those magnet frames on the fridge! ;-) Looks like you had a happy man on your hands...the work and plans paid off, even if it didn't go according to the original plan. It's when things get off-track that they become more memorable, right?

Steak is the way to a man's heart...