Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Those Pesky Pixies

I finally caught the little blighters. I had just the home for them ready and waiting. I think it worked out quite well. Can't you see the mischief in their eyes!?


I saw this over at the Shabby Nest and knew I would have to do this. She uses babies and they are super cute. I thought this would be perfect for this hope-full romantic who loves to entertain ideas of enchanted forests twinkling at night from the lights of small flying beings. Something of a mid-Summer's night's dream...Aahhh...So wonderful to me! I'm also making some for family. My Mommy and Nanny are gonna love it! Just too cute.

T-Bird helped me design the home. We have moss, rocks, a mushroom, an egg, and a pop of color flower. The boys chose their paper wings. Prof X has sheet music since he loves all music and songs. Hoot's is a toile country pattern. Perfect for the country boy he is. T chose a bold damask which suits him since he has very defined ideas and beliefs.

And this should show you how passionate I was about this craft. I DISLIKE cutting. NID---not into details, and cutting is the worst of details! But it was well worth it. I'm so happee! :-D


post signature

6 comments:

Wendy @ The Shabby Nest said...

I love your pixies!!! Just darling!!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOVVEEE it!!!! It is truly you, too! :0)

Okay...now I want to see that shelf next to it. It looks like one I just painted and hung in my newly remodeled living room. I've been debating on decoupaging parts of it, too! ;0) Hope you are having a great day!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

I LOVE-- ADORE this. I mean it is just absolutely perfectly the cutest thing I've ever seen, done with your own darling children!! You picked perfect photos for your kids' personalities, too.

Ohhhhh I LOVE this!!!!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Still can't get over just how much I love this!!

Suzanne said...

These are just precious! Way to go momma!

Christine said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!!!!!