Saturday, April 18, 2009

Goats and Snakes, Just Good Ol' Times

Tuesday brought a picnic and play date for my MM group. We went out to Ms Rachel's for a fine time! She has goats and the best of toys to play on outside. Thanks, Rachel my kids and I had a great day!





This is the goat (below) I found Hoot out back ramming his head against. Ugh. The goat had squeezed its way out, no doubt noticing Hoot would probably be a little fun. Rachel said her son did this as well. Hoot was standing his ground. Both were determined. And this is where I point out his amazing-ness. What kid who is not exposed to farm animals decides to go up against a goat!?!? He tried to get in with the horses when we were at Dana's. And when we go to Brett's mom and dad's it's the cows. Even in 20 degree weather, that kid is pressing himself into the barbed wire fence to try to be with them. He just loves wild things, like himself.


And the mystery circle of dirt....
Thank you, Rachel, my kids got to ride on their first ever power toys...Dun, dun, dun...



Sneaky sneezy nose for Prof X.


Drivin' a tractor.
They'll never be the same! :-D


And now on to snakes!! Friday brought a snakey home school field trip out to Natural Falls with yet another picnic...yes, that makes 3 this week!

Ms Sam intended for the session to be about loving snakes and killing them only when necessary. Bless her heart. She showed how to dissect a snake and stretch and dry out the skin. Now all we're focusing on is finding a dead snake on the road or within justified killin' distance. Why?? Oh ya, T and I want a good ol' snake skin!! Brett said he'd just buy us one 'cause he's not gonna help skin a snake. We'll see...



Ya, that's my kid in the 'coon skin hat with his Savage buddies!


See, aren't those snake hides so cool. What house full of boys doesn't need two or twenty of those? ;-)

Touchin' little ring necked snakes.

Ms Wendy took this pic. Yep, this is as good as it gets, I wish my hair would have been down...too late. That arm to the side is just our favorite arm. We carry it with us where ever we go. Heh.







This, of course, has been our mostest favoritest class yet. Ms Sam told my T that because it was such a hit, she might do one on fish. Yesssss!!!


post signature

7 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Adelia, thank you for stopping by to see me. I appreciate all of you who take the time to comment & I hope you'll come back often.

christine said...

So fun!! Another place I've never been--Natural Falls! I'll have to hit that soon with the kiddos! That picture of you and the boys is super! You could crop out that favorite arm. :)

Adelia said...

If I print the picture, I'll take out our favorite arm. Honestly, I didn't notice it until I had already uploaded it onto my blog. By that time I was too lazy to do anything about it and thought it just added character to my already character-full life. :-D

You and the fam should visit the Falls at least once. My kids love it, apparently it never gets old.

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Ms Rachel's house looks great!! Fun, fun! Perfect for your boys!

That snake field trip was GREAT!! It was out favorite, too. Miss Sam is one of my heros. I hope she does do a fish one!!

Sorry about the favorite arm!! Was that Isabelle? ;-)

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

By the way, I added the "2 by 2" and "swingers" pictures to my blog. :-) Had to get in more boy cuteness!

Jessica said...

I love the field trip! How can I find out more about your homeschool group? I'm new in town and plan to begin homeschooling in the fall with our almost-5-year-old. Thanks! - Jessica

momentsofours.blogspot.com

Adelia said...

Ms Savage, I wondered how you even got a pic without one of my brood?!?! All of my pics have them nicely wedged together! Funny, huh?

Jessica!! Hi! I feel like we're friends already just because Chris said we should be. I'll send you the info about our local group. Welcome to our Small Town!! :-D