Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Good People--Where Art Thou?

Do you ever wonder that? We all know Jack Johnson does. So do I. If you turn on the TV or even listen to your small world around you, you'd think the world is ending today. Right now I'm so full of joy. My joyous news comes a little late. But, hey, I'm a little behind in my world at the moment. Let not your heart be troubled, no worries, it's all good--a good kind of behind. Whatev. Anyway, I hope you are all aware of the Miss California question that occurred a few days ago. She was asked her thoughts on gay marriage. She starts out with a generic we live in a wonderful nation blah, blah, blah and then suddenly goes another direction. She states that for herself and her family, marriage should be between a man and a woman. She got boo's and yay's. Good for her. No really, she gave her opinion, just as the question was asked of her. I've seen her interviewed since then. She's not this agenda pushing woman. She is a joyful, happy young lady that gave her side. There has been talk since then that this particular question lost her the crown of Miss USA. I am not concerned with that. I see how this has played out for God's glory. If any other young woman had received this question, she most likely would have given the old politically correct stand by answer. Do you see how God gave Christians, whether independent, liberal, or conservative, (yes, Christians seem to spread over and under the political gaps) a hope, a breath of fresh air. How long has it been since you've heard a majority view on mass big daddy programming???? Um????? Well??? Yep, that's right. You don't!

Recently, left wing journalism has said Christianity is greatly decreasing. We hear more and more liberal views, views that the majority of American's don't agree with. Here is the problem. We're the silent majority. We just sit on our duffs and complain about everything. Annoying. Yes, we're annoying. Then you have those like Anne Coulter. She has conservative views but comes across as a loud, hate filled person. Why are the ones who speak out the ones that sound crazy and hateful? Which brings me back to Miss Cali. I like her because she speaks with a smile and a kind word. We can't sow into each other if we are shaking our fingers and wearing our forbidding faces while condemning everyone. We just come across as mean prudes. That's my beef with Christians. Not all Christians, mind you, but you know who I'm talking about. We all know someone like that. It was just nice to see a "good people" if you will. She wasn't part of the boob tube need to obey group. She was herself! How lost we get in trying to please the world. It's okay to have an opposing view. Most of us do. Thank you Lord for letting her voice be the one to answer that question. So wonderful!

By the way, even the all powerful Oz, I mean, President Obama is against civil unions for homosexuals. That wasn't hateful, that was an attempt at humor. Okay, quick story, at my Mommy's work their are women there that are in love with him. They know my Mom leans conservative so they'll come up to her while he's on TV and say things like, "I just get chills when he talks. He's so wonderful. I just love him." Red alert, you should NEVER agree 100% with someone on this earth!!!! No one is that right! You are officially lolo! Lolo=crazy in crazy Curacao talk. Jesus doesn't count in this example, fyi. I watch FoxNews and even I don't agree with them all the time. Seek answers don't just take it from the TV or any other journalistic outlet. By the way, I'm pretty sure journalism doesn't even exist anymore. Sigh...

Okay, it's late and I've gone off on so many tangents that I'm muddling my way through now. Here's my hope and prayer. That we'll get off our duffs. That we will smile and give a kind word. That we will stand on our beliefs and faith.

We cannot alienate each other, but we also cannot stay silent. I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't just condemn. Oh, have you seen all those Jesus movies (The Passion of the Christ excluded here)?!? He looks so sickly and sad and just awful! Who would have even given him a second thought? Let's get off our high horses with our scowls and love on someone. Jesus probably had a great smile. One of Jesus' first miracles was at a wedding. You don't invite downers and people full of condemnation to a party. Let's be Miss Cali's (I can hear the cringing). Seriously, let's smile and support ourselves, our views and our Lord.

PS, I'm not going to go over this post to look for the bajillion typos. Sorry. It's late, use your super duper blog decoder to read.


post signature

5 comments:

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

Ahhh, I loved this post. I didn't hear about Miss Cali, but that's really great. I don't want to be a mean, judgemental Christian or a sweet but silent Christian. I want to learn how to express my beliefs in love and without condemnation. Inspiring post! Thanks for writing it.

Shan said...

VERY well expressed A! I completely agree with you. I don't think we need to be obnoxious with conservatism. I tend to be the listening quiet one but I don't really express well when it comes to political talk. I know what I like when I read/hear it though and I liked this post! :D

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Awesome post! Thank you for sharing about Miss Cali....I hadn't heard as I don't watch much tv, but it's awesome to hear such wonderful news about a Christian voice among the worldly! :0)

Suzanne said...

What satan meant for evil, God used for good.

Adelia said...

Thanks for the warm words...I was a little nervous about writing this for whatever reason. It's nice to keep such great company!