Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Home School Files: A Day of Natural Enjoyment

Man, oh man, yesterday was just beautiful, wasn't it?? We decided to go to the Eagle Watch for some outdoor home schooling. T-Bird was our guide and made sure to read the names of the trees and signs to us...Language Arts....Check! Science...Check! Physical Education....Check!

Reading to us while playing with his coon tail.
Our theme tree, it fits our family perfectly...WAHOO!
Professor X spying the sky. And T holding onto his coon hat for fear of an eagle mistaking it for a dinner. He held onto it for about 5 minutes. Funny!




I think it is so funny how enjoys being completely alone, in his little world watching for nature stirrings.
Peace!

Doesn't it look like they are being attacked from something above. Yikes, take cover! Odd.

There was a 3 minute stand-off that got a little intense. And yes, Prof X is in his socks. Odd again.
Neither would give. Ugh.
No eagle spied on our watch, but we did find this tail-less fellow.
We discussed the change we've seen in the nuts since last fall. Do you like my new piggy nose??
After our frolic in nature, we spent some time at the nearby park. This Momma likes this particular park because there are not as many options and vastness for my Little Hoot to give me a go for.
He took that curve a little fast. Whoa!
My kids LOVE this metal slide. I let them know that's the only option I had when I was a wee lass.
They do get some good speed on this slide though. The boys don't like it in the summer though. Squeaky ouches! Hot, hot, hot!

Wrangling Hoot away from himself! He just has to try. What a grip!
Shoot! Sneaky thing.

I started praying over him aloud and he looked at me and said, "Yes." In complete agreement. I just laughed.

Me slowing his slide down. Sheer joy and excitement on his face! On a side note, T is quite the photographer, don't you think??

Who knew a crocodile ride was so thrilling?! He kept yahooing and yee-hawing with a couple of whoa's thrown in!
Forgive the excessive pics, but I have friends and family out of town who read this and miss my kids. Here's a nice little video (a little shaky, but there's a humorous Hoot moment).

video

post signature

4 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

What a day! We have had some days like that recently...in the same spots! (Are you stalking me? J/K!) Next time you are going to be in my neck of the woods, give me a shout and we'll be there in 2 minutes. Junior can't get enough of Eagle Watch. ;0) Glad you had such a great time.

By the way....that giant slide makes my knees wobble!!! :D

Adelia said...

That would be fun, Jerri!

And that slide...wobbly knees...which is the reason I just let Hoot go down when he got to the top instead of chasing him down. I'm so afraid of heights!! If I can catch him half-way up, I'm good, but all the way up...gulp!

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

All of the pictures are great!! Glad that T got you in some, too!! Such cute ones of a mama and her precious boys.
We love that place, too. Such a peaceful piece of the world. Looks like the water is way down right now, too, which gives more exploring room.
So glad you guys spotted the lizard!

Hugs.

christine said...

T really is a great photographer! I pray out loud over mine and she always says "Amen!" really loudly. Ha! They know they need it! :)