Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A Paint Date


Dating our boys has become a big part of our lives. We like to spend individual time with them as often as possible. Sometimes a date involves actually leaving our home and going on an adventure and sometimes it means we stay home and enjoy the small stuff. I recently got to enjoy some small stuff time with my little small stuff. Hoot and I had a paint date. The older two Littles went with Daddy to buy the materials needed to complete THE dog house. {It's a beast of a house---Daddy did good!} The boys love being mini-handy-men with their oh so handy daddy!



Hoot and I decided on water colors. I didn't feel like outfitting him in his messy garb. Water paints seemed harmless. I love watching his concentration faces while his little fingers work so diligently.
And they did seem relatively safe. This is what we ended up with {no clothing was harmed}:



I couldn't help but laugh! He's just too stinkin' cute! Not everyone is gorgeous in paint!

I love my boys!



post signature

2 comments:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

He looks beautiful in paint!!
Of course, I've never seen him NOT look absolutely adorable.

Alone mama and/or daddy time is great! Sometime we should also plan a group paint date! :-)

Suzanne said...

What a great mom you are. And it means so much to the kids.