Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

A few words that are important to me along with their definitions.


Simplicity: freedom from complexity, intricacy, or division into parts


Peace: freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety


Balance: mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment


I've been simply striving for peace while maintaining balance. Just for the mere fact of my own personality type, simplicity isn't easy for me. I've had to learn to think a little differently along with just giving my self time and a little forgiveness. I'm doing a good job.


Anyway, Brett's cousin is a missionary in Russia with his wife and four kids. I pop over to her blog to check in on them every now and then. She had posted this great little list from the Simple Mom Day Book and I just had to start keeping my own list!


Outside my window...the boys are playing in the sprinkler. Actually, they've somehow made the sprinkler a weapon and the other two are defending themselves with dog dishes.


I am thinking...about how to meet the boys where they each need to be met emotionally, activity, and personality wise. This is big to me right now.


I am thankful...that I am able to stay at home with them. So, so thankful!


From the learning rooms...today we learned that a tiger has favorite eating places. It has been known to drag it's kill up to a quarter mile to have dinner in just the right spot.


From the kitchen...I'm making a Cherry Crumble Pie this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out.


I am wearing...a blue tank and black shorts AND (this is exciting) in opening a drawer I never open, I discovered my favorite color of nail polish that is no longer made. Strawberry, what a simple name for such a fantastic color. So, I'm wearing Strawberry nail color on my Bubbly Toes.


I am creating...a, hopefully, fantastic Imagination Play Room for the boys. Yeeee!!


I am going...to have an impromptu date night with my Honey tonight. He doesn't know yet. Putting the boys to bed early, dessert and a game or movie...I might even gussy up a little.


I am reading...Oh, I just finished a big stack-o-books. So, now starting The Last Child in the Woods, Persuasion, Second Chronicles, and For Women Only. Reading Cowboy Sam to the Boys and listening to Peter Pan on cd in the truck. We spend a lot of time in the truck.


I am hoping...that we will stick to good decisions that will lead us to our new set of goals!


I am hearing...Sprinkle, splat, "AH!" from outside mixed with music coming out of my speakers.


Around the house...there is an indoor obstacle course from the re-arranging to accommodate the new play room and bedroom.


One of my favorite things...Brett's out loud laugh! I melt!!


A few plans for the rest of the week...Pick up organic pesticide from Fville, library, steaks on Sat, Pipe work play creations, movie date with my little bro...


The picture thought I'm sharing...

We watched this wonderful cloud move and change for about 45 minutes.


post signature

1 comment:

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

Love your list!
"I am thankful...that I am able to stay at home with them. So, so thankful!" Amen. During this job crisis time, I keep thinking about how amazingly blessed we are that I can still stay home!!

Men are like tigers, I think. ;-D

I hope you had a fastastically wonderful romantical date night with hubby. And I hope he laughed out loud for you.