Saturday, August 8, 2009

Weekend Obsession

For the past few weekends, I have been watching a little show that just makes me sooo happy. We usually don't watch TV, but we've been quarantined for the last month. What else are you going to do? We were so tired, we couldn't do much more than watch a show here or there. We read a lot too. But in watching a show here and there, I found my newest obsession.

And yes, it's a contest show. What's the real word for what I'm wanting to say? Oh, competition. Ya, got it now. Anyway, few, few, few will appreciate this but I have to put it out there because, well, because it's such a piece of me right now.

Okay, I'm obsessed with Steel Magnolia! Steel Magnolia from Can You Duet?! Ah, the sound of crickets.

Yes, I love music. Yes, I love all kinds of music. Yes, I love COUNTY music and am proud of it!! It always plays at my heartstrings, it's just a piece of who I am.

Steel Magnolia have this edgy bit to them, but they also whisper something nostalgic. Oh, how I love to listen and watch them. I'm driving T-Bird and Brett a little batty since I'm singing ALL the time now--clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am...Kind of funny.

Sooooo, to hear and watch a little bit of them click here and here. I have to tell you that their rendition of I'm So Lonesome just stirred up a whole wooooo feeling. Oh my!

Last point, I love that she is not a waif. She's thick and lovely and owns it!!!

I think they rock and I hope they win tonight. I like one half of the duet competing against them. One of the guys has this whiny voice which reminds me of Rascal Flats. I'm not a Rascal Flats fan. Ick. I won't be home tonight to catch the show, so I'll find out the results later. Yeeeeee! I'm excited for them.

Okay, there you have it. My weekend obsession that will end tonight. {sigh}


post signature

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I haven't heard of this. But I LOVE your happy bloggie playlist. I haven't heard of a lot of the songs you have listed, but enjoy them emmensly.

Adelia said...

Oh yay!!! That makes me feel all nice inside! :-D

Sun-Kissed Savages said...

I can just hear your "wooo" and "yeee" as I read! :-)

Country music-- ah, I love ya anyway! ;-) harhar And you know Fred likes it. And I can tolerate a song or two.

Glad you are gettin' all giddy with the vocals!

Adelia said...

I should stop the suspense and let everyone know that my duet couple won!!!

Happy!