Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Fair Warning/Good Advice

We were blessed to go on a field trip this morning. {Pics coming in the following days} My kids started off amazing. We'll talk about the middle and the end later.

A lady who happens to be the mom of several children and basically a pillar to all of us homeschooling moms looked at me and in a teasing tone asked if the little girls wrestling and giggling were mine and to control them. Haha. {They were hers} I said something along the lines of, "Oh no, I just get blamed for the boys in the world." She seemed to read my unspoken thoughts on mothering boys. And then she made the sweet sentence, "Boys are like tiger cubs, they can't walk with a distance of each other without touching or jumping on each other." I told her she just summed up my previous evening! {Raging balls of fur!}

As we were walking to the next exhibit/talk she came up and said, "Adelia, I need to tell you that it doesn't change as they get older."

I'd like to thank this mom for not flowering things up for me. I will be the mother of tiger cubs for all of my life. {I'm strapping in!} Just call me Momma Tiger.


post signature

No comments: