Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Fall Drive

My family is strange. We like doing things, but we don't like doing things. Hmm, that made a whole lot of sense, now didn't it? Let me 'splain. I know people and families who stack activity after activity after activity after activity into every day they have. The thought exhausts me and even overwhelms me. I like just being. I do enjoy going places and doing things but I dislike cramming bunches of activities together. Every now and then I have a jam packed life, but truly, I like breathing. Brett, of course, loves slow pace as well. Unless we're playing some rousing game of ball or something. He has cat like reflexes! That boy can move!



Anyway, one of my favorite 'activities' is just to drive. Aimlessly. Pack up some snacks and let's see where we end up. I used to love Sunday afternoon drives when I was a child. And that's what happened last Sunday afternoon. Alas, the sun didn't ever truly show up, but we enjoyed the colors of fall anyway.



And the candy store.
The window to the Professor's Heart...Sugar...Sugar...Sugar...


See how the Professor is lovin' his Daddy. This is an answer to prayer. When Professor X was still a new infant, Brett was on the phone to his Momma and I heard him say, Ya, I think he's going to be a Daddy's boy....dun, dun, dun. I was still way too hormonal to hear this. X was my cubby bear who loved to be held and snuggled. He looked as though he had been freshly laundered and sent down from Heaven just for me. Oh, his head full of snow white hair and his sweet baby smell and he would nurse and fall asleep as a little milk would spill out of his mouth...And this Daddy was going to steal my baby?!?!?!? I set my plan into motion to make him a Momma's boy. And it worked. Seriously. And that has bothered Brett. He has felt like Prof X doesn't choose to be with him. Brett has been trying to put himself out there more for X. And that too has worked. Now the Prof interacts with Daddy more like T-Bird does. And before you feel too bad for Brett, Hoot has been Daddy's boy from birth. Oh, that kid! He only wanted me to hold him when he needed to nurse!!! Even directly after birth!!!!! Once again, a little too hormonal to be an infants wet nurse! I needed me a baby to hold and kiss and smell and love and ooh and ahh over.


Anywho, I love the picture above because X is loving his Daddy. Because now I feel slightly remorseful for my hormonal plot years ago. Bah, to selfish amition!


Aahhhh...


Fun finds.























Boots and running pants...There is no better fashion statement.














post signature

No comments: