Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Kids and Christmas Decor

I had plans, oh I had plans. Grand they were. My Christmas decor was to be as show stopper. And highly untouchable. Hoot has used our Christmas tree as a playground for his horses and cowboys. I have never seen a tree so worked over!! After loosing an ornament a day for 5 days straight, we decided {the boys and I} to make this Christmas a ****"Kids in Charge of Decor Year."****

****It doesn't help that 4 big dogs {whom I love} ate my dining room Christmas tree {you would have loved it, my favorite shade of blue and homemade ornaments.} And that Hoot destroyed my Names of Jesus Garland. Maybe these played a role in the kids in charge of decor decision. Who am I to assume such nonsense?****

T-Bird has had a blast! This is right up his alley. So, let us share some holly jolly cheer with you.

T's Lego tree on his school desk. We should just refer to this area as Lego corner period.







Here is our storybook chair. The chair holds our Christmas books and jingle bells. The quilt gets spread out, the boys sprawl out and Momma sits in the chair reading to her little boys blue. {sigh of delight for this Momma}
Cowboy Christmas. Since all of the little boys think they will one day leave this homestead for a ranch in Texas {they have an idea that Texas looks like it did in the late 1800's--they are going to be disappointed}, it's only appropriate that they have a full on cowboy Christmas.





Ornaments of wagons, boots, Indian headdresses, horses, bells....
And on to the packaging. We are using good old fashioned brown paper. The kids decorated an entire roll. They've stamped, colored, painted and glued. This has been a fun craft session. We would work in 30 minute intervals each day. They really looked forward to their paper craft time each day.









T's table-scape. Candy canes, board games, nutcracker and the wintering Pixies. {I think the boy has some home decorator in him} The Pixies in their poinsettia home.
This one is a little spunky, you have to watch him!
And these two, don't even get me started on them....{!!}

post signature

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Too cute! I love the pixies!
Guess who's home is going on the tour next year!! :) Just kidding, I would never do that to a friend!
Lauren

Katie said...

It is all just so cute. I love, love, love the cowboy theme Christmas. It is just what I need for my youngest sons room. It is adorable. Thank you so much for your inspiration.

Suzanne said...

It's all adorable. You are much funner than me:)

Adelia said...

Haha, Lauren, that would be a whole 'nother kind of home tour! Thanks, your sweet girl would make the cutest pixie!!

Adelia said...

Katie! Thanks for stopping by and enjoying a piece of our world!!
You are quite welcome! Merry Christmas!!

Adelia said...

Oh, Suzanne! I think you mean much more ridiculous! You are FUN!

ScottChrisCoriCassiCali said...

Love the individual Christmas trees. Wonderful! I am glad you stopped by, it always nice to meet new friends. I'm off to have a look around your blog. Merry Christmas

glimpse of my world said...

Love the Texas decor... (of course, I may be a bit partial!)