Friday, December 4, 2009

Seen and Heard

Have you ever seen the movie Elf? I didn't watch it for the longest time because I figured that if Will Ferrell was in the movie it had to have something dirty in there. And generally, that is the opposite of how I think of Christmas. Somehow, we watched the movie and it has become a 'like' movie. Anyway, Buddy, the elf, says something like You have the most beautiful singing voice in the whole world with quite a bit of adoration and awe. That's how I feel about Brett's out loud laugh. He has the most beautiful out loud laugh in the world. {said with childlike adoration and awe} It just gets me.

Last night, Brett went in to pray with the oldest two boys. I could hear their monkey voices and then it happened, Brett's out loud laugh. Wondering what was going down, I made my inquiry to Brett later. He said that of course Prof X made the power grab for first prayer. {we're working on coveting the first prayer position} Prof X said, Dear God, praise Momma and help her to not get hurt anymore. Silly boy.

Then T-Bird said, Dear God, help Momma find her eggs, then he stopped, looked at Brett and said, Will she find her eggs again? Brett: Ya, I bet she does, don't you? T: Ya, I bet she gets one this week.

I love my little monkey boys. I love my husbands out loud laugh. And I love their beautiful hearts that praise me and care for my silly egg whims.

post signature

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Awwww! How sweet...right on par for your family! Love you, dear friend!

Lauren said...

Your kids are so cute!! I too understand the love of the husbands laugh, my husbands genuine laugh just makes my day.
I hope you find your eggs!! :) Seriously, I hope your test results, etc. come back with good news.
Blessings,
Lauren