Monday, January 25, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Ladies and Gents, I have been gone for a while. No, not on some wonderful far off journey. My journey was here in my home in Small Town, Arkansas. I needed a breath. And today, I find myself with an extra bit of joy and a sense of wonderment. It's a good thing. So without futher ado, I'm back. Yea! Here's my entry for The Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my window...dogs frolicking in the backyard. It's a rather blustery day out.

I am thinking...this week is going to be great.

I am thankful for...grace and patience.

From the learning rooms...T-Bird has started journal-ing. We have started our weekly theme curriculum for the youngest two littles--Cows this week! Cows are kind of wonderful. How can you be unhappy when you look at a picture of a cow or better yet, see one in person?!

From the kitchen...I'm making drumsticks for the boys, big and little, in my family. {Drumsticks, dark meat, gag...But for the good of the men, so be it.} I get to enjoy white meat. :) Rice, corn on the cob, asparagus and Lemon Cake! Lemon Cake! Lemon Cake!

I am wearing...Warm, comfy maroon house socks, yoga pants, and a stand by my side pink shirt. {exotic ensemble, I know}

I am creating...an inviting home. I did a little rearranging today and this weekend. I think it's better than before. I'm looking forward to finishing it up.

I am going...to commit to forgiving myself this week even when I don't meet my perfect expectations.

I am reading...He Loves Me

I am hoping...that this week will go as well as today. I feel like 'me' today. I haven't felt this way in so long. Be gone symptoms and out of sync hormones and foggy mental feelings!!

I am hearing...the whirl of the dishwasher.

Around the house...a kid taking a late nap, munching T-Bird and a Professor zoning out who really should have taken a late nap with his little brother. {sigh}

One of my favorite things...my magnifying glass that is shaped like an antique key. It's randomly perfect.

A few plans for the rest of the week: field trip to the local pizzeria. And to keep this spirit of joy I have right now.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The only grandmother I've ever known. She is special to me. I miss her too much some days.
My Nanny Frances
Feel free to pop over to the Simple Woman's Daybook to see other entries.

post signature

3 comments:

Charlie said...

It is wonderful to read your blog once more.

Suzanne said...

I just love this post. Each time I read one of your posts it's like a breathe of fresh air. Thank you for sharing.

Adelia said...

Charlie, I can't wait for the weather to warm so that I can bump into you at random locations!! Thanks for reading!!! It's good to be read. :)

Suzanne, thank you. I count myself as special that you even read this blog. ;)