Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tornadoes

How I do not like tornadoes!


Last night a handful of storms rolled through my childhood home. My Momma called me early this morning and said, "I have to tell you something. It's bad, but everyone is fine." Oh, sure that's comforting. Being like my Momma and her sixth sense I said, "A tornado hit our area." Momma answered "Yes, and..." Me, "Uncle William's?!" Momma, "Yes, but he's okay."

Ugh.


So, here are some first pictures of his place and the woods joining our properties. The trees are just gone...I've never seen so much sunlight shine through. It's appalling.



Wow. Praise the Lord for His protection over my Uncle William! Thank you, thank you, Lord!
So, armed with rubber boots, waders, work gloves, an ice chest, some food and lawn chairs we're off to visit that mess of an area. We plan on doing some work and huggin' lots of necks.
It's just a reminder that things are temporary. Make the most of today. Hug someone's neck and tell 'em you love 'em. {and I'm not even the huggin' type!}

post signature

No comments: