Monday, September 27, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

I interview my kids from time to time and take note of their favorite things. One of the questions is: Where is your favorite place to go and spend time.

With 3 boys, you would think you would get varied answers. My boys were all asked separately and all answered the same...Ms Ande's!!!

Ms Ande also has 3 boys. 3 very outgoing, adventurous, slightly wild/slightly tamed boys. We love them! And they live out in the country where rules likely exist but don't always get enforced. A place where dirt abounds, the great outdoors appeals to there neanderthal senses, and where they just roam for hours and hours. My boys love, love, love Ms Ande's. Did I mention they love it?

We went over to hang out for a play date not too long ago. Ooops, not so sure if that was a good idea. Sure, everything went fantastically...You see, my kids picked up a new obsession.

Bows and arrows. Not toy bows and arrows...Real bows and arrows and quivers and sore fingers...They are in love.

T-Bird has shot before at camp, but there is something so manly about doing it with your friends. Ha.

You had Ande trying to encourage him and let him have a go without too much input. Then you had her peanut gallery giving any and all directions. They crack me up.








I'm sorry, but I think this kid is so cute. He's so tiny compared to the bow and even his friends. Somedays, I think he is so big and then these moments make me aware that he's still my little guy. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that.

T-Bird has had practice since this day. His elbow isn't quite as high and his shot has really improved. It's quite startling and wonderful altogether.
The other kids did really well about giving T his space. Ya, I don't have a picture of Hoot...He layed relatively low on this day. But here is the Professor with his friend. A rocket blaster. Another bit of greatness.
Now the boys are all asking for a bow and arrows. Hmmm...the little two...hmmm....I don't think they will be getting a real one. T-Bird is saving his money and we'll likely allow it. Hoot definitely not. Even though he literally talks out loud in his sleep at night about shooting his arrows. We did go get a toy one just because he was talking about it and dreaming about it constantly. Yes, talking in his sleep every night about a bow and arrow. And since owning it, it has been taken away. Something about having an awesome aim and shooting Professor X directly in the throat. Oh dear, life with that kid.
I wonder how much our play dates will change with the addition of our baby girl. Probably not too much. She's going to have an awesome aim and then tea afterward. Something like that.


post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're going to have one tough girl for sure & no guys will be messin' with her when she starts drawing them in like flies. ;o)

I love Mws. Ande too. Her boys are such fun just like yours.

Jenny

andrea said...

wow! we love to have 'em here! the z's wish you guys lived here. ;-)

Adelia said...

I think you are right, Ms Jenny. She's going to be tough.

Ande, that would be my kids' dream come true!