Monday, October 25, 2010

Fire and Bowling

What do those two things have in common?
You think nothing.

But I say--my boys.

Speaking of unrelated things. I met a neato couple a couple of weeks ago and the husband mentioned a game they play with their family. You take two unrelated words and make a sentence out of them. The husband's example was 'placenta' and ...well, now I forgot, but it was a food item. Anyway, super fun idea. {I won't go into how those two are actually related.}

We recently were able to enjoy the first fire of fire pit season at my mom's. Professor X kept saying that he was such an awesome camper. Yep, roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over an open flame makes you an awesome camper.

I just noticed that the Professor is wearing a shirt that reads awesome with an arrow pointing up. Guess it's true. And doesn't T-Bird look like he is sporting macho-thug attitude. I'm going to write that off to having a bright light flash at you in the dark of night. And of course, Hoot is not looking anywhere near where he should be. Why should that change now?






I happen to think these may be some of the most handsome fire men around.

Now to bowling. Ah, the benefits of homeschooling. If you are a homeschooler in my Small Town, you have the opportunity to bowl once a month on a Monday morning. What better way to kick off a Monday and a school week. Fun, fun, fun.

We also learned something during our bowling session. Professor X is a great bowler...accidentally. Well, maybe not accidentally. There is definitely a method to his madness. He is nothing if not thorough and methodical. Anyway, he bowled an 88. Not too shabby for a 38 lb kid.

T-Bird's score was a little low, but he was working on the correct technique. With some more practice, he'll have a high score in the near future.
He runs back like Mr Cool. Nice stride!


This thing looks so lanky! Let me give you a better view of what had been going on:


video



Am I the only one who thinks that kid is a funny nut!!?? Every time he bowled it went a little something like that.


Just another random glimpse into our lives and my small wonders who make me smile.

post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love it! Has he stepped in the lane yet & gone sliding down yet?
Joel really enjoys bowling with the high school. He doesn't put this much enthusiasm in it though. :o)
Jenny