Friday, November 12, 2010

The Thankful Season Days 3-12 (alt title You Thought I Forgot)

But I didn't. However, our world did get shaken around. I think a good analogy would be to think of it as my world being in a snow globe and some very excited child came along and gave it a good whirl. Sounds like fun, but if you are the one in the globe being shaken...well, not so much.

In the great whirly whirl, I found myself feeling very broken and almost hopeless. (I should clarify that my immediate family is fine and has nothing to do with the whirly whirl) In that brokenness, I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't shut off the emotional pulls. How do you disconnect? Ugh. Well, I am no longer crying and no longer look like a pregnant zombie walking around the house. I did loose eight pounds during the most trying 3 days of this little adventure, the unintended consequences of sadness and stress. Not good, but I'm enjoying eating to my fullest to recover that precious weight for the baby's nourishment.

It takes a whole heap of desperation for me to reach out for help. I DO NOT like asking for help. After placing four phone calls and the last being the call that pulled it all together. It was as though someone had pushed the reset button and I began feeling hope-FULL.

I cannot tell you just how much God has prepared me for these days. Well, obviously I didn't respond like that initially. But I'm just thinking of how much the Esther study that I'm doing correlates with my life at this time. For one thing, God is not mentioned in the book of Esther. Huh?? Did you miss that before too? However, as Beth Moore points out, His name may not be in it, but He's all over it. As with this situation that breaks my heart, He may not seem to be in it, but He's all over it. And that is where I place my trust, hope and faith. Without that, I'm back to the pregnant zombie.

Sooooo, now that you know that I didn't forget to be thankful, just didn't feel like blogging it, I will now catch us up on our thankful list. Which is much happier than the above. :)

Adelia: I'm thankful for a friendship that came and took two of my kids after having sobbed profusely for 8 hours the previous day so that I could have a day of recovery and rest.

I'm thankful for jasmine tea with rose hips. I'm thankful for Sunday afternoons with my family. This shirt is way to billowy--I'm not that poofy!



I'm thankful for the mailbox full of notes and love that I received over the last few days. These people didn't even know that I was weepy or that they served my heart in such a beautiful way.

I'm thankful to be a stay at home Momma to three wonderful boys.

I'm thankful for my gift of compassion and empathy. (Just learning how to not let it overwhelm me)

I'm thankful for a husband who keeps me balanced.

I'm thankful for the sound of leaves being rustled by the wind as I sit here with my back door open.

I'm thankful for pink fuzzy slippers.

I'm thankful for a God who never leaves me.

T-Bird:
I'm thankful for my animal tracks book.
I'm thankful for Legos.
I'm thankful for Awana.
I'm thankful for Jesus.
I'm thankful for our dogs.
I'm thankful for my friendships.
I'm thankful for my skateboard.
I'm thankful for amazing animals. (he's my little scientist)
I'm thankful for our home.
I'm thankful for my Bible.

Professor X:
I'm thankful for playing with my friends.
I'm thankful for spending the night with Nane.
I'm thankful for watching fun movies.
I'm thankful for my brothers who I play with.
I'm thankful for my knights and castle.
I'm thankful for Awana.
I'm thankful for playing Sequence with my family.
I'm thankful for video games.
I'm thankful for my back yard.
I'm thankful for cuddling Momma.

Little Hoot:
I'm thankful for going to my friends.
I'm thankful for chocolate.
I'm thankful for scissors. (yikes!)
I'm thankful for cowboy boots.
I'm thankful for my dogs.
I'm thankful for Daddy.
I'm thankful for Go, Dog, go!
I'm thankful for playing outside.
I'm thankful for horses.
I'm thankful for going down the slide.


And today's quote from my favorite comic of all time: Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help. --Calvin and Hobbes


post signature

No comments: