Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Firsts and Lasts

Has anyone else noticed that I'm pregnant? Or is it just me?

Seriously, my emotions have seemed to calm and focus. My heart keeps swelling and swelling and swelling...

She will be here soon. Our lives will once again change for the beautiful better.

My thoughts keep coming back to the fact that this is one of the few instances that I get to truly assist the Lord in a miracle. I mean, God didn't make humans reproduce by external eggs and hatchings like the some of the animal kingdom. I get to participate in bringing this life to the world. It's amazing. {with that in mind, I pray that those who desire to become mothers have their desires met}

So, we are in the season of firsts and lasts.

We were blessed back in October to have our very first ever Blessing Baby Shower.

Families came out just to celebrate our family. It was a blustery evening but super fun.

I'm prego with this lady. Due just two days apart!






Such a neat idea. Blessings were placed on the tree by friends for our family. I have them and they are ready to keep me focused during labor.




And then I recently had my first ever PINK Baby Shower.
I have to tell you that it seemed very strange. To me, blue means baby. A sea of pink was exciting but slightly disorientating. Just not used to it yet.

I also had my first ever diaper cake! Yes, 8 baby showers in my baby/birthing life and my first diaper cake! That was fun!
This is my wonderful friend Kim who has known me the longest of all my NWA friends {well, of the ones who still live in NWA}. I met her when I was prego with T-Bird. She's been through all the babies with me, and heard my heart's woes about not having a girl. Now here we are, celebrating the first girl and last baby of my life! So, so sweet to me.

Oh, and I also was given my first ever corsage! Yeee! I don't know why, but I was super excited about that too.
Ya, right?! I'll show you a baby belly! Haha! This is my friend who is pregnant with her first baby! I'm so thrilled for her for the obvious reasons, but also because she is looking forward to this pregnancy whatever it brings and being a Momma! I mean like reeeeeeeaaaalllllyyyy excited to go through this process and enjoy it! She's a super fun gal.
Hiking up and adjusting maternity pants.
T holds up his 'pinky' to represent for the girl. {what a nut!}

My kids are nutty!!!

Hoot is exceptionally proud of his baby.

Yum, in love with sugar...and the Dr Pepper is NOT his!

I'm so in love with this guy. Even though he harassed me last night. I asked if he was just trying to agitate me to send me into labor. He looked at me with a bit of ornery and said, All I know is that if I were pregnant, I know I could go into labor. Oooooh, Buddy, you're in trouble. Brett knows that's how you get me to do anything...I'm a little too competitive. That's when we both laughed and I punched him in the side like a good wife would. Brett is really looking forward to the baby's arrival! He's kind of great like that.

As good as a family picture gets. Nice chicken dance, T! Sheesh!
So, there they are firsts and lasts. My last baby showers of my baby birthing life. What a sweet end.

post signature

2 comments:

Christine said...

yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!! I love all the pink and I love the blessings idea and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your cute curly hair at the blessings shower. I guess I just kinda love you. :)

Sasha said...

I wish I could have been there! Looks like a good time! Love the pictures!