Sunday, December 12, 2010

Strange Things

One of the terrible and wonderful things about Arkansas weather is that if you don't like the weather today, just hang around it will change. Yes, 20 degrees one day then 50 the next.

A couple of weeks ago I ventured out with the boys. I was feeling a little couped up and the boys hadn't enjoyed pieces of our small town in some time.

We have a lovely little downtown and our parks are quite nice. We have a skate park with volleyball courts next to them. Those volleyball courts are a gold mine...I mean, they are dandy for kids with all that fine, precious sand. Hours of entertainment.







I love the many quirky, squishy faces of this kid.



Who knew filling a hat with sand over and over again would or could be so thrilling??

Can you hear the quiet? Nice!

The skate park is indispensable for running up and down and up and down and...

Okay, here are my examples of my strange things.


Brett took the two youngest with him to his mom's recently. T-Bird stayed behind with me. I was getting ready to steam clean the carpets when I noticed T walked back to his room with a washable marker. Then my brain kicked in, he had just said moments before that he needed something to do. Ack! Warning!


Too late. By the time I inspected, this is what I found.


"Mr. Perfecto" with accent and all.

Nice glasses and fancy/curly mustache.


Then I noticed this thing one day while I finished up school work with T-Bird and the Professor.

Really??? Is that the best use of paper towels?! {But at least he was being quiet during school hours.}


He's verrrry strange. And I love him verrrry much.


I love all my strange things very much. {and for whatever reason, the Professor didn't have any recent examples of strangeness. I guess he's saving it up for a special day...}


post signature

1 comment:

Soaring High said...

hahaha! I have a pic of Ben trying to color himself like Spiderman. It took a couple of days for it to all wash off!